muskrat lake bass

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
javelin4
Participant
Participant

muskrat lake bass

Post by javelin4 »

I am heading out to muskrat tommorrow for some bass fishing.have never realy fish the lake in the summer just ice fishing in the winter.So I do have some experence with the lake,I do know there are both smallys and larges in the lake and would like to target both.any help with the lake would be great,locations, baits anything else that would help.

thanks
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

There's a lot of shallows in the South east end of the lake which hold a lot of LM Bass. Chucking spinner baits should prove successful I would think. Personally, I'd be throwing some buzz baits at the LM too!

Not to mention the Pike action you should encounter!

As well, if you're coming from the Cobden launch it's right there!

Just up from there on the right (leaving the launch) you'll see rock sticking out of the water. Good Smallie action to be had there. Spinnerbaits and jig/grub combos should net you some action.

Other than that, work the shoreline and you should do fine.

Goodluck,

Let us know how you do!
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Go down to the end of Muskrat (not the Cobden side) and buzz down Snake river if you can. There's a launch there as well, off the 17 right after the bridge. I've been there years ago with some friends and the water was really clear at the time and you could see the pike.