West end fishing tonight, room for 1-2

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

West end fishing tonight, room for 1-2

Post by saskie »

Heading out to Constance Lake this evening between 630-700. Have room for Hawk-talker with own life jacket (we don't have any spares). PM me by 630.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Saskie

Let me know how the Lake is...I heard all the weeds were dying off and it was real hard to find the fish!!!!!!!!! I hope this info is wrong constance Lake is a great little lake to fish...and it's nice to got to the restrant for a hot lunch and great Conversations with the owner CHUCK... good luck tonight
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

Saskie - Normally I'd be all over that offer like a fat kid on a smartie, but my 4 year old plays soccer on Tuesdays so I'm not able to make it.

I hope you have a GREAT time and I hope to take you up on a future offer.

Karack
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Please let us know how the lake is. I wann fish it on SAT. Might change my mind if it is crap

BASSSTALKER
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

BASSSTALKER wrote:Please let us know how the lake is. I wann fish it on SAT. Might change my mind if it is crap

BASSSTALKER
Change your mind :x Caught a few panfish, I've been calling them pumkinseed, but they may be sunfish - anyone care to enlighten me on the difference? (not that it matters a whole bunch); and a 9" crappie (my first ever).

No pike, no bass and nobody else seemed to be getting any either. The couple of other boats I saw that appeared to be looking for bass weren't catching anything either. There were a few that were still fishing.

As for the lake since this is my first season here I can't compare it to anything - but if the weeds are "dying off" I'd hate to see it when they weren't. Such comments are probably over exagerated.

It wasn't a bad night - we were only out less than 2 hours and I caught 5 fish total (4 pumpkinseed, 1 crappie). Saskette got a few bites but since she lacks the skill of we Team Two anglers she was unable to connect :lol: . I don't think we'll be back though - since the free boat launch at Buckhams is closer, the fishing on Constance lake wasn't good enough to pay for.
For you shore anglers though - I can verify that they do rent boats there (12ft/5-8hp) but aren't open Mon&Tues.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

thanks for the update Saskie. My mind has been changed.

BASSSTALKER
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Constance

Post by Jigs »

Saskie:

Thanks for the info. No need to trailer from the Falls.

If we tortured you , would you tell the same story?? :)

9" crappie not bad.

Regards: Jigs. :wink:
DV_8
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DV_8 »

Hey Saskie, I might of seen you there. My buddy and I were there around 5:30 pm until dark. We did really well when it got closer to dark. Between the two fo us we caught around twenty largemouths. I caught a 4 and a 3 pounder during the last light. Most of the evening we were catching 1.5 to 2.5 pound fish. The weeds were'nt too bad. I've seen years where the motor would get wrapped up in weeds all the time. The only thing is when it got dark, the mosquitoes were furious! OUCH! :shock: