bass tournaments=dead fish

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tr21chris
Participant
Participant

Post by tr21chris »

444...you're a complete idiot...and have a very short memory...dragging huge largemouth around on a chain and taking pictures...acting all pro-crap.....more fish are taken out of the lakes and rivers every day by rec anglers, and so be it...legally so! None of us know if ANY of our fish ultimately survive to live a full life cycle after being hooked and fought to the boat and then released...none of us, not just tourney guys.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

wathevr you guys think off me i dont care.

i dont care you guys make some derbies...you have fun and enjoy them hey go for it....

i thinj people have been braiwash big time by the big bass industry like it or not.that is so the truth.

if you guys would live anywhere hesle in the world you would not fish for bass.even where there some..why here its so popular its becasue off the industry pure and simple and think about it you will say its true.

why bass fishing is been pushing by so many companies see bass fishing all ove the tv and magasine and see huge prixe money to be win..that is what is killing bass..............
i dont no what is so hard to no.........simply think about it..

towsends off bass derbies.plus even more preee fishing....that is how mutch peole fishing for bass..?

and how many people watch thise derbies and it makes them go bass fishing.?

the industry is killing the fish.pure and simple

NO ONE CANT SAY ITS NOT TRUE. :!:

but hey to many peopel are so into it...like brainwash by the industry and big bass talking like ythat is no good at all...i am sher a lot hate me by saying that stuff.......if the case i fell sorry for you all that think like that..you been to mutch brainwash i gues.

will say it again

i dont care if there derbies.
i dont care what you guys do..you enjoy your self hey this is fine..better then watch tv.

but please dont BS people that bass are not kill by bass derboes..they are plain and simple..even if the derbi people do there best..its fishing and fishing kill basss or wathver species...nothing to be done for that.

more derbies =more bass kill.......cant go the other way..its just the way it is.

i must be in the back list off many now i gues..by saying this stuff..i am an hnest man ans say the truth pure and simple.

its simple fact how can not see this.

and for the...((((( Thats a whopping 780 bass that could have been legally kept and eaten.))))..

tru but nobody would have gone there to fish bass.if they would have been no derbi to start wit..so......this statement is out bud...mabe you would have seen a few reg angler fishing for them.mabe 3 boat

and see this yourself..you just said 780 bass were caught prouldy kind off and its ok..but its to prove by yourself how many bass were caught there that day.imagine...that is a large amouth off bass.bus.....and this is not the hook misst and the one we dont no what happen and the exchange by bigger and so on..so mabe 1000 bass that day by that derbies and there 1000.s off those derbies..and saying derbi dont killfish.....ya right.

just sayin derbies kill fish.....yes

reg fisherman kills fish right.

everybody that fish kill fish....you cant go fishing and if you hooks some you will kill some evantualy..its fishing nothing can be done unles you fish wiout hooks at all no hooks.and no allowd to bring it out off water and not allowd to fight the fish to long and so on..but reg fishng or wathver fishing kills fish.

so those freaking none sense stats are just number to make it slook nice..think about it..why those bass derboe bring those numbers out if it was not to show the poeple they show there doing no harmm..if there was no harm domne they would not have to show some stats to start wit...no they feel that they need to show some stats..to show there no prob wit the killing...but numbers is numbers.

ho ya for the not for the $$ its for the result..yaaaaaa yaaaaaa guive me a brake.

take all oney out off it..al,off it in all maerica bass industry it would go down so fast like nothing...look at those tv show millions to be won ..you think people would still go there if there was no monney involt..nothing to win and no sponser ship..yhahahhhah dream on.

yes peole do some fishg for the fun to..and enjoy time on water and bragings right but the industry behind the pict is deferent...more monney to be made by more pople fishing for the,.

joco
Last edited by joco on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

good tread by the way.... :lol:

i see some people inthsi tread we never see...so i see the bass is in the people heart.

and jim w.

look i never said bass derbies guy was ok to kill fish..i said some just drop fish in the river to reaplace by alive one..right or right..so some just drip fish.righttttttttt..is it ok to do so..reaplce a fish becasue off the size and the points at the end so fish are beek kill and waste for points right or worng..please.....the same hting happen wit reg fisherman to..just derbies poepl do it to...and no one will say its not true.

and about the 100 000 mabe millinon numbers to make the tread look good..wow nice staemtn this is....just reat the tread all off it..look the numbers bring...800 bass in opne derbies..ONE DERBIE so think..1000S off derbies and all the pre fishng..you think 100 000 is mutch is so mutch more..just get a calculator and start counting..it will go that high in no time..si i am not saying number to sat numbers you guys bring the numbers yoursel..

joco,sad to see i will be blacked by this tread...but wont stop saying the facts.. its just there but people look the other way or try to think other ways....
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

beachburger wrote:
I would like to see tournaments weigh in 2 fish per boat & they must be between 15 &18 in.
Then start a bass club that does just that?

sher it would save some fish....but still plenty off bass will see the livewell and get dump to be replace by onother bass bigger..so how many bass will see that livewell and hget hook as many bass..it wont help mutch the number off bass caught and injures.

i would put boats on the water.and guys on water to ge measure the fish at the boats right away a flag..you life the flag and a measrue team come and measur the fish and you put it right back in water right there where its frome..not miles at the dock frome is grounds.

so you get a konster bass...you flag the boat they come measure the fish and lets it go right there..i woudl liie that ideal.

wont happen..no good for industry think about on tv..they bring the boat and the guy sit in in it the arena to show the fish to take pict for magasines and so on..and this is not a big industry pushng bass fishing.

good day to al. now.

keep bass fishing guys and bring report.
still like you all..even bass fishermans...ahaahaha dont worry i been catching a load off bass lately and did kill some sadly.by accidantly..that is fishing.

joco
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Holy crap! :o

The first post was commenting that after a tourney/derby, they observed several dead fish in the area of the release, and that this observation was common.

I don't think it's an unreasonable statement.

If you have any fish released in one area, if they are going to die, by percentage, it'll happen at the release point most and go down the further you get form that spot...

Do that for a few hundred caught fish, you'll see the results.

Killing fish is not avoidable, just it can be minimized. :D

I think the tourney-point of view is that on any given weekend, there are likely 10x the number of "fish" caught by recreational-fishing than by tourney fishing.

Any by process of pure fuzzy-math, the kill/keep ratio is bigger in the recreational fishing group than the tourney group.

And I think that the non-tourney point of view is that the Per-Angler Impact is higher on tourney fishers or tourney events...

And know what, they are both right as far as i can tell, and by all data in this thread.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I think Joco must have bumped his head on his kayak while loading it on his truck.... :lol:

All I will add is that since I began pre-fishing and fishing tournaments this summer I can GUARANTEE you I've caught and released way less fish than if I was to be just fishing for fun...(my reports kinda prove that)....half the time we're out we aren't even fishing we're looking.....

I'd bet my last buck that during our Newboro tournament where we (68 boats) had I believe 8 fish perish......that compared to the dozen pontoon boats and lodge rental boats drifting minnows we did a fraction of the damage to the bass fishery that day then they did. Food for thought.

Anyways...I think some folks have learned something from this....

Brainwashed-RJ
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

i would put boats on the water.and guys on water to ge measure the fish at the boats right away a flag..you life the flag and a measrue team come and measur the fish and you put it right back in water right there where its frome..not miles at the dock frome is grounds.
Then do it. I'll do my best to come and fish it. I know it may take more time and effort that sitting behind a keyboard to tell those that may not agree with your views that they are full of BS, are brainwashed, are only interested in money and don't think right (a statement you just edited out of a previous post) but sometimes the price of progress is steep.

Doug.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

It's nice to see very little fish die before they make it to the scales. But come on we all know that post release mortality is something like in the 10% range and that's for immidiate release not driving them around the lake all day. So for tournaments of all those released fish the numbers would be much higher then the 10%, is it 20-30 we'll never know. And how many fish are actually caught by tournament anglers during a tournament and pre fishing I'm sure it's quite a lot more then what makes it to the scales.

Dr Tuff has come up with a great in water weighing system and the live release boats have all been an improvement in the post release mortality but it will never be 0% so as long as we have bass tournaments and the MNR does not restrict the number of events the number of fish been killed for competition will continue to increase.

Yes they may of been more fish killed off the dock that made it to the scales dead but I'm sure the actual total number of dead bass from any tourney out numbers the casual anglers on that lake for that weekend.

Now like Matt mentions these bass reproduce like roaches and we all know there are a tonne of them in our waters. It actually is supossed to take 20 years to grow a 5 pounder though so I'm not sure what the actual impact of all these tourneys really have on a fishery. It doesnt' seam to be doing that much damage or we would not be seeing the increase weights year after year.

No mater what we say we're not going to change much the MNR don't seem to care much. I just wish they would spread the tournament pressure around more and limit the number of events on any body of water. It would really suck been a weekend bass angler on the lower Ottawa barely having 1 or 2 weekends all summer not having to fish around tournament anglers.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
hooker
Participant
Participant

DEAD FISH

Post by hooker »

TALKING TO A NATIVE AWHILE AGO MY NETTING AND SPEARINGARE
OVER FOR ANOTHER YEAR.FRIGE FULL, LOTS FOR FERTLIZER, AND SOLD ACOUPLE OF TRUCK LOADS. THIS IS WHAT pee pee ME OFF NOT A COUPLE OF DEAD BASS
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

OK.........I have never been to a "real" tourney, so I have no grounds to pass judgment on how well or how poorly the bass are handled.

I also share lot of concern over the bass taken in a tourney. My biggest concern is on how they are cared for after the weigh-in and their release. Is there any studies out there on delayed mortality of tourney bass?

What percent of the total bass population is the derbies catch? How many bass are in Newboro lake? Big Rideau? The Ottawa River? etc, etc, etc.

Which one is bigger?
Fish dead from derbies or fish dead from the cottage industry?

Which one is bigger?
Fish dead from derbies or fish dead from fishing bedding bass? (fry loss)

I'm not aware of a decline in the bass population in eastern Ontario. With the recent changes in the catch limits to protect several species in risk, I see the bass limit was not changed. I must conclude that the bass population is doing OK.

If the bass population is starting to be at risk, the best thing that could be done for the well being of bass is have pike season open with bass season............just sayin'

Let's face it, the professional bass tourney trails drive the industry. Without that driving force we'd still be using flashers, Mitchell 300 reels, Eagle Claw rods and hooks, Rebel humpback minnows, original Rapala floating minnows. There would be no Kistler, Dobyns, Loomis, Yamamoto, Gamagatsu, Owner, Yum, Netbait, Lucky Craft, Ranger, Stratos, etc, etc, etc.

DS
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dana »

Since tournament fishing began the weights have continued to increase and the fish are just as many and now a five fish limit beats any 6 fish limit from the old days.

All these tournament guys are allowed to EAT those fish and DON"T.

This is not a perfect science and never will be but it shows that tournament catch and release works and has actually improved the fish size and population.

As for more regulations..be careful what you wish for, we are all losing our rights one at a time, from gov red tape to 25 $ ramp fees.

dana
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

OK i thibnk the point have been said.

ojk get tiogether soon any want to cmome for a chat or punch me... :lol: a little get together would be nice to have a love chat.

mabe i will stop seeing some becasue off that tread..i hope not.

i like you all guys.

just opnions here are said...and i like it all.

and hhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol: on your saying rj about the yak thing.. :lol: .

ho well good day all 8)

joco.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: DEAD FISH

Post by cprince »

hooker wrote:TALKING TO A NATIVE AWHILE AGO MY NETTING AND SPEARINGARE
OVER FOR ANOTHER YEAR.FRIGE FULL, LOTS FOR FERTLIZER, AND SOLD ACOUPLE OF TRUCK LOADS. THIS IS WHAT pee pee ME OFF NOT A COUPLE OF DEAD BASS
Seriously? ... no... SERIOUSLY?

Pound a people into a paste... oppress, annihilate, displace, rape and screw them politically... and when they take fish, it angers YOU?

Hang with some 1st Nation people for a while, and don't go off half cocked. I am certain that there are some that abuse the system. No doubt. But it would be the exception and not the rule.

Not only that... it might have been some one joking around with you trying to get a rise. The same people who fished in the lad from LeBarons so much, he thinks that QC is a lawless, deer hooking - walleye spearing - in boat drinking place.

Craig
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

beachburger wrote:
Then do it. I'll do my best to come and fish it. I know it may take more time and effort that sitting behind a keyboard to tell those that may not agree with your views that they are full of BS, are brainwashed, are only interested in money and don't think right (a statement you just edited out of a previous post) but sometimes the price of progress is steep.

Doug.
wow beachburger

i dont put all people in the same pot.bud.

brainwash...........lets start on this..how many off you guys go buy lures or real becasue you saw it in a had on tv or magasine etc...how many peope go shoping for a product becasue one pro agnler use it on a show and so on..this is all brainwash and we do get brainwash all off us..you to beachburger and me to incluce..we all do..not one popek in here have not been brainwash by a product or obnother in the fishing indutry so yes brainwash is big time in bass fishing more then other why becasue its the most opopular...man look at bass boats..its abig market big monney is involve in this very big monney i would like to no the $$ involve in all the bass industry..must very very very lucratvive...

whjat can i say brainwash ---publicy ona product..simple as that..mabe brainwash look like a big word..but its just a way to say..people get think to get some product becasuer they saw it on tv or abn magasine and so on.<
and for the flag thing i wont start one.......its an ideal that would work taugh.

if not a big buisenss..let try something.

let see that huge bass derby coming the B!1..one of the best bass derby around very very well organise by super guys..put that derby..

take it make free to enter and no prize to win just braring rights..se how many will come.?

put all derbies...nothign to win and no sponsor ship how many will fish them..i am talking big derbies..trmrnt in the us were you canwins..very big $$$ its all about $$$$.

think about it guy how many kids or u were kids to..watch shows and had in the magasine and said one day will get a huge bas boat and so on..this is braiwash.pure and simple..like it or not.

again let see some bass report now. :lol:

joco