Fishing at the Cottage * Now with Pictures *

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tman12
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fishing at the Cottage * Now with Pictures *

Post by tman12 »

Hey guys! The pics of this report will coming soon, posted by either me or Wolfe.
Just got back from the cottage yesterday, with many stories to tell!
First off, we went fishing one night (dad was back home working) , and see a fawn (not more than a month old) swimming across the lake, exsausted. Mom gets a few pics of it, not long before our younger dog, Merlin, fell into the lake out of the boat. Merlin is terrified of water, and hardly knows how to swim. (his swimming is a fairly even comparison to a lot of splashing and gurgling! :wink: ) Mom pulls him up and we head back.
story 2: When we get back to the cottage, the dogs run up the hill and encounter a date with a small porcupine! Great! We hike an hour, not knowing where to go, to the Kingston animal hospital. Mikey had 50+ quills Merlin about 13. After they are fixed up, we arrive home at 3 o clock in the morning.......FUN FUN FUN :roll: We are still pulling quills....
Story 3 FISHING FINALLY! i catch two bullheads in two back-to-back nights! We have only gotten one out of Wolfe lake, so they are pretty hard to find. They fight like largemouth! Bigger one about 16 inches and fat, smaller about 14 inches and fat!
Story 4: Mom gets a lot of nice bass!
Story 5: Dad gets a pike that took TREBBLES down deep. Unfortunatley, no release. Filleting took us about an hour, but it was well worth it! Fish crisp on pike, dipped in plum sauce! Gourmet!!!!
Had a blast!
Mom or I will be posting the pics! Stay tuned! :lol: :wink:
TT
TY
Last edited by tman12 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as "The Torpedo"
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

Torpedo, sounds like quite an adventure!!!!!!

but isn't that what the trips with the family are all about.....

can't wait to see the pics to go along with the "interesting and challenging" report. :shock:
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

great time !!

Post by tinman454 »

sounds like you had quite the time !! i hope your dogs are ok. i hope they dont make a habit of messing with porkeys it can be verry expensive i had a dog that got stuck 4 times by them good luck terry.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

sounds like a great vacation other than the porcupine incident :shock: ....looking forward to the pics of the "Wolfe Pack" adventure :D
lifeisfun
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lifeisfun »

Looking forward to see pictures :)
100% (C)atch (P)hoto (R)elease
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Looking forward to the pictures Torpedo
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
tman12
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tman12 »

We dumped the pics onto the computer last night, so they will be coming soon! Nothing huge, but like I said, the bullhead are a blast! Thanks for replying!
TT
TY
Formerly known as "The Torpedo"
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

im sitting on the edge of my seat!

BRING ON THE PICTURES TORPEDO! :D
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Fishing 24/7 wrote:im sitting on the edge of my seat!

I already warned you not to do that when you are sitting on the high chair!!!!./...you're going to fall off it and hurt those little brittle bones :lol: :roll:

wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Yes, yes, pic's coming, but there are other things to attend to like dinner dishes, unpacking, laundry, etc. :lol:

No earth shattering fish, that's for sure. Porky event was the unfortunate highlight of this past visit. I am skilled at pulling quills now, I can tell you that. They keep showing up, even a week later.

I'll try to post a few of the nicer pics soon.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

I am uploading pictures now. Should be up shortly. :wink:

W.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

PICTURES TO TIE INTO THE TORPEDO'S REPORT.....

The fawn that swam across lake. It was so exhausted it couldn't get up the embankment. Wish we could help it. It was separated from its mother for some reason.

Excerpt from "The Porcupine Chronicles"

NOW FOR SOME FISHING PICS.

Tyler fished 99% worms, while Shane and I used plastics and spinner baits of varying profiles and sizes.

Couple of bullheads for The Torpedo.

Very nice perch for Devil Loon.

And another for Ty.

Bass for me were more or less like this one. Nothing huge, but fun.

Typical chunky rockbass. Keeps the kids amused...and dogs, too.

Big sunfish for Ty -- what fighters!

Pike have also been smallish, and one of Brian's was deep-hooked and made it to the table. A rare occurrence for the pack, but it was not wasted. Torpedo and Dad gobbled it up, generously battered and fried.

Had Brian's folks up for several days and had a very nice visit. Not as much fishing as I usually do though, so I'm ready to get back out there. Heading up again next week with a friend of Tyler's along. Should be lots of fun for the kids, especially. This particular young fella enjoys fishing, so that's bonus for me. heh heh!

I will try to post some of the neat wildlife and bird shots I got in the Non Fishing Forum tomorrow. BA, you'll have to check out the scarlet tanager I was lucky enough to "shoot".

One birding photo here because it has a FISH in it! Anyone know what kind this lucky osprey has clutched in its fierce looking talons?

Hope you enjoyed.

W.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Fabulous pics - and a great report!! great fishing for the Wolfe pack.
Nice bullhead for Tyler - hard to find in summertime. Bass that size are really nice too. Your elusive nickel will be strapping on the feedbag this fall...

Don't feel too bad about the pike - they are great eating and there's enough of them to support a fish fry now and again.

Hope the dogs heal quickly. Likely hurt worse than a fish spine under fingernails... :D
HotelTango
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HotelTango »

Excellent report and pictures. Love the Excerpt from "The Porcupine Chronicles" Pic. Priceless.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

excellent report ;) love th pics !
|Dore|