Ottawa River Arnprior July 6th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ottawa River Arnprior July 6th

Post by RJ »

Hey Folks,

Took off after work with Gordo up to the Prior for a little musky evening fish.... :D

Well they say bad things happen in 3's.... :roll: ...we arrive at the launch and Gordo back the boat about half way down the ramp....we unhook the back straps...unhook the front hook...and I say to him to go ahead and I'll just hop in for him to drop me in....so I hop onto the front of the trailer and hop over the trolling motor and onto the deck....no here comes the fun part...being on a steep slope....I went flying....I mean flying!....in about .0002 seconds I was at the back of the boat hanging by the motor and my fish finder... :shock: ....I steadied myself and realized I was alive... :D ...then looked around to see if anyone saw that...and of course there's 3 guys at the dock that saw it all...then I hear Gordo belly laughing in the van....once I knew I was ok....I was laughing my butt off...especially when Gordo started up the Eddie Murphy routine...you know...ohmanfallindownthestairs....oh well I lived... :D

Next while trolling across a few points and humps....in 15 feet of water...my rod buckles twice in the holder....then straight back....and SNAP!....in half....I reach for the reel....take about 10 layers of skin off my pinky finger...than pull back and with no rod I was at the mercy of whatever it was....Snap again!...now my rod is in half....my $20 spinnerbait and $5 leader is gone....$125 in one whole swoop!... :shock: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry:

The Remnants...Worst part was when Gordo asked me how long I had that rod....I figured 10 years and about 70 muskies on it.... :( ...that sucked..

Well the Third bad thing never came....but was real close...

At 9:30 I got this nice 34 incher...not huge but after the night I had I was lucky to get out alive!... :lol: :lol: ...while reaching to land her...I felt the back of one hook graise the top of my hand.... :shock:

Oh well...here she is....

And the release....

Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Oh boy...buddy tough night!! I had a great day (mostly because of the company)..and a soon as I get off my lazy butt and get my camera out of the truck I'll post..only one pick,,,but at least I got a few.
Last edited by Canadian Bacon on Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Ouch RJ no one likes that to happen. Nice fish and one that you'll probably remember for all the wrong reasons. :roll:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Holy shades of Quinte Batman :oops: .......tough one Rob... Sorry about your Rod....man it's tough to lose your favorite rod :( ....Glad you got hold up a Muske....it's been awhile :D
Last edited by big-o on Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Holy shades of Quinte Batman :oops: .......tough one Rob... Sorry about your Rod....man it's tough to lose your favorite rod :( ....Glad you got hold up a Muske....it's been awhile :D
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

The dreaded double post :x :? :oops: :oops: :oops: man I hate when that happens
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

bad deal

Post by AverageAngler »

Bad deal, but sweet pay out!
Cheers'
-AA-
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Nice Muskie RJ, and unfortunate about the gear issue! But it sounds like you got your moneys worth out of it :!: :shock:
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

I'll give U the nice fish, but that trip will go in history for me. Watching U tumble down the boat... I nearly p*ssed myself! Thanks the laugh RJ... I needed that.

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Big-O,

It was shades of Quinte.... :lol: :lol: ...I was just happy to get out alive!....got to the point of what's next????

WIG,

I hadn't even thought about the number of fish I had caught on that rod....until Gordo asked... :( money's worth?....hell yeah!

RJ
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Glue and duct tape....on the wall of honour....yes Grandson this rod caught me hundreds of Muskie...till one fateful day back in 2004 i think, when a 70 pounder come out of the water looked me in the eye...grabed my bait snap my rod and was gone...... yep that fish was as big as tree trunk.eyes the size of twoonie's....teeth that would make a dobermen cower in fear.......well RJ JR.the 5th ...take me back to the home it's almost 3pm and wheel of fortune is on and i don't want to miss it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: