My First Muskie...WHAT A FISH!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

My First Muskie...WHAT A FISH!!!

Post by MuskieWannabe »

I had met up with Musky Magnet thanbks to this website earlier this week and thankfully he had agreed to take me out last night(July 7) for my first ever muskie fish. We trolled for a few hours without any luck. We decided to park the boat and try our luck casting. While MM landed a small pike I was still left without. 2 casts later a muskie came flying out of the water and hit my line. A nice 40 incher!!! A beauty! My first one ever, I had never even seen one outside of pictures! We kept fishing, MM landed a few more pike's and a nice walli. I kept getting hits and even saw a muskie come out of the water after my line but just missed the hooks. As we were trolling again, the night moving on, I had another awesome hit! Line went down and the rod bent over really hard. It took a while to land and after a few tries we finally got it under control. My second ever muskie was a beauty of a 47 inch!!! What a fish!!! It was a shark to me! What a monster. I'll be trying to post some pics but it may take a week or so.

I must put out a huge thanks to Muskie Magnet for his help in giving me the best fishing trip I have ever been on and it won't be my last!!! I'm no longer a muskie virgin and hopefully this will be the start of something awesome! Thanks Fish-Hawk for allowing us wannabe fishermen a chance to help each other out. Withou this site and MM, I would have spent the night on the couch or with the gf, but those muskie's were the dream of a lifetime!!!!
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

I am oozing with jealousy.

Great for you.

I've been looking around for a charter to do some local muskie fishing but most of tehm are weekenders and I just need an evening or two.

The fish was hooked and I would venture to say you are hooked too :D
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

It wasn't a charter. Just a local Muskie fisherman who's been chating on this site and who said he'd take me out if I wanted to go. Just a great guy who loves to fish and, thankfully, took the time to teach me a few things. He didn't charge me anything but I know I owe him A LOT!!!
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dana »

WAY TO GO MUSKIE MAGNET!!!
very kind of you!!
df
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Congrats on #1 and #2 Muski. :D :D ...you will have to change your name :D ....way to MM...when are you giving Lake trout lessons :wink:
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

Congrats on those Muskie!!!

I guess you're a wannabe no more :) ;)

Karack
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

WTG Wannabenomore. Now you can take others out and help them get into their first muskie. Master Jedi :D
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Feels great to get your first and second muskie in one night huh!!

Beleive me, now your hooked and fishing just aint gonna get any easier!! Always searching for the big ones!
Congrats
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

Gotta love the firsts

1st - 40" Muskie
1st - 47" Muskie
1st - Blonde
1st - Brunette
1st - Red Head

Oops I digress... :wink:

Congrats
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Fantastic MuskieWannabe,

Let me know if you want you name changed now! I'll have to do it for you. Having people get together to realize things they never thought would be possible is exactly what we are aiming to do here on Fish-Hawk.Net. You all are making this possible and worth all the work.

MM, thanks for being a part of this great community.

MuskieWannabe, are you available to be drafted to Team #1 in the Virtual Derby? :D or will you be holding out for a larger contract now! :shock:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

You mean that those great fish can't be ....4....regestered in the dreby....MW... man you have.....4.... to get on a team....4.....hate to see....4.....those points...4....go down the tubes.....4.... Not that I'm .....4....trying to influance you....4.... for our team like....4....Bobber :wink:
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Unfortunatly the ruling has already been made that fish count only once you have been alocated to a team so if MuskieWannabe wanted on a team then the fish caught so far won't count.

Big-o you and i both know team 1 needs all the help they can get :lol:
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

Tell me where to sign on the dotted line!!! I think MuskieMagnet is on one the teams and I know he'd want me to join that team because he was the one who gave me my first experience at a muskie. Tell me how to sign up and it'll be done. I think I'll be trying for number 3 and 4 next week. We'll see if my beginners luck can continue on.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

MuskieWannabe wrote:Tell me where to sign on the dotted line!!! I think MuskieMagnet is on one the teams and I know he'd want me to join that team because he was the one who gave me my first experience at a muskie. Tell me how to sign up and it'll be done. I think I'll be trying for number 3 and 4 next week. We'll see if my beginners luck can continue on.
Leave fishforfun a msg in this thread:

http://www.fish-hawk.net/phpBB-2.0.2/ph ... php?t=4074
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

Thanks...I left a post there so hopefully all will be good!