amazing service...from Motorguide folks

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

amazing service...from Motorguide folks

Post by muskymatt »

I just had to post this as I just got the best service I could have hoped for.

I bought a Wireless55 in May last year and MG has a 3 year warranty, but I never registered the motor for warranty.

Sure enough the tranny went on it and I feared the worst. Living in Ottawa I took it to a local MG service depot and was promptly told it wasn"t in the system and was going to hit me for $285.00 + tax

When I explained the purchase date I was told to go register it online, so snafu occurs and I can't register online due to "ERROR" please call Motorguide.

So I call Brian at Backwater tackle and start to explain my issues, he takes all my info, offers to call the factory registration personally and will call me back.

Less that 5 min later I get a call from Brian and he says the error was that the motor was listed as returned and reshipped(not exactly what that meant) but he then asks the purchase date and again informs me he will call back.

3 min later he returns the call to inform me the registration is good and my MG is under warranty until may20,2012.

My next call is to the service station , they were able to confirm the paperwork and I can pick up my MG tomorrow afternoon....cost....$0

Thanks Brian...you rock

Man if only everthing was that easy
stclairhound
Participant
Participant

Post by stclairhound »

Great service. Isn't it great when a company stands behind their product.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

I love happy endings 8)
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

I have also dealt with Brian when I bought a new motorguide a few years ago and was extremely pleased with the help I got from him. I haven't had any issues with it but if I do it will definitely be going to him for service(hopefully I never need to do that :wink: )