Chapeau results?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Chapeau results?

Post by Tip-up »

Can someone please post the results from todays tournament? Jig Head were signed up to fish this but some unfortunate circumstances kept us from leaving the city this weekend :cry:

Thanks,

Andrew
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

19 and change won it. It was won by a couple of good lads from Pembroke. 17lbs was second and 15 pounds was third. 13 lbs got a check and there were 61 teams total. Weather was terrible and there were a few boats hit logs that were floating and did some serious damage including one boat that completely ripped the motor off. It was only being held on by the cables. Luckily the guys were O.K. but I imagine they probably had to throw away there underwear. We had 10 and a half pounds which put us about mid pack.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Thanks Fishmaster. I knew you would have them up :)

I just got off the phone with my uncle who is at the cottage now. He and my neighbor missed the weigh-in because they both assisted one of the teams who had there motor ripped off right infront of our place :shock: Needless to say we now have have the two telephone pole size logs on our beach(One was really chewed!) The driver of the boat asked them to take some photo's and left his e-mail contact. I'll be going up this week to take some pics for the lad.

Andrew
Last edited by Tip-up on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

It wasn't a very pretty sight seeing that motor hanging off the back of that boat. They were in Chapeau trying to get it the rest of the way off the boat so the could get it in the back of the truck. It ripped the motor mount right in half as well as the steering linkages. I can't believe the cables held that motor on. There wasn't a single mark on the lower unit or the prop, he must have hit it dead center of the mid section. They are just lucky they are OK, it could have been much worse. The log they hit was right in the middle of the marked channel and they never saw it at all.....
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Ouch.

Good to hear everyone is OK.

That's an impressive winning bag. What was big fish?
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

4.99 Largie was the big fish. The winning team also had second big fish so they ended up with a nice payday. My partner caught the biggest Chub I have ever seen. It must of weighed 2 lbs., too bad we couldn't weigh it, it would have helped. :cry:
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

fishmaster wrote:My partner caught the biggest Chub I have ever seen.
Too much information perhaps?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Ouch :shock:

The collision my uncle assisted in happened not far from the marker bouys in the middle of lac lynch. A long tow back to the launch from there. Those wreckers sit right below the water and have been soaking up water for over 100 years. Anthony brought one in three years ago that was an accident waiting to happen. Glad to hear everyone was OK.
HotelTango
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HotelTango »

Glad they were not hurt.

Some serious weight for the winners.

Saw lots of dead heads in the channel between Petawawa and Pembroke while fishing the co-ed tournament. Good thing the water was calm because I saw one that was right in the middle where I have never seen one before.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

If they kept that log they could have sold it and made the money to repair it. I know a few guys make a living retrieving this kind of wood. Pretty good money in it. More than if the tree was just felled.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
petawawarace
Participant
Participant

Post by petawawarace »

I wonder if we can send our repair bills to the swisha damn? The water levels are so low, there is no more weight to hold these logs on bottom...

I for one will be carrying a few javex bottles onboard, and if I see a log, I will tie one onto it. It sucks because there really isn't anything you can do other than pray you don't hit one.
petawawarace
Participant
Participant

Post by petawawarace »

I heard today that this boat that had the motor ripped off did a complete roll and landed back on the hull....I was doubtful too, but the guys I heard it from are pretty reliable.

Glad they were ok
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

I spoke with the guys who lost the motor myself and the boat didn't rollover it spun around twice though. On another note I forgot to mention how well run this tournament was this year. The local lions club there had breakfast in the morning and they also had a kitchen set-up in the afternoon with burgers,hot-dogs,fries and even poutine if you wanted it :wink: The Allumete Island fire department do a great job and this year they had some sponsors step up with some cash donations which allowed them to still payout the $3000 first prize and still make a few buck for there department. They had boats on the water all day checking to make sure guys were ok which was also nice.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

The fire department do a heck of job. It's been like that back since they ran it in Waltham and filled fields of 100 boats. Very well run. I took some photo's of the log, it was split right down the center :shock: The fella did a complete 360. Log in the backround was half the size of a telephone pole and bobbing only 20 meters away from the smaller one that was struck :shock: Took 5 guys to carry it to where it lays now on our property.