Won the "Reel In The Big Ones with Bob Izumi" cont

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Spitz
Participant
Participant

Won the "Reel In The Big Ones with Bob Izumi" cont

Post by Spitz »

Hey guys, new here looking for some info on Bark Lake, Ontario..

We won the "Reel In The Big Ones With Bob Izumi" contest sponsored by SC Johnson. They already booked our flights - return from BC to Toronto on September 14th...pretty quick on the draw those lads at Izumi Outdoors! So the trip is free and we are looking forward to Ontario fishing in September!

Heres the intinerary:

Check your email for the confirmation of flights from Vancouver to Toronto, leaving September 14th. You'll be staying at the Carlingview Inn that night and the charter bus will be picking you up there in the morning for your trip to Bark Lake.

Upon arrival at Bark Lake, you will have the opportunity to unpack and settle into your room prior to joining the group for dinner at 6:00pm. After dinner, everyone will gather in the Oak Centre for cocktails and the chance to socialize with Bob, Wayne and the other Pro fishermen that will be taking you fishing the next day. The agenda for Thursday consists of breakfast, fishing for the morning, lunch and then fishing again in the afternoon. Dinner will be served at approximately 6:00 pm after which there will be a reception in the Oak Centre for all. On Friday, all the guests will meet for breakfast at 8:00 am. We will be leaving Bark Lake at approximately 10;30 am and hope to arrive back in Toronto by 1:00 pm for your return trip to Vancouver, BC

A couple of other notes, smoking is restricted to a few areas on the property and alcohol consumption is only permitted in the dining hall and in the main lounge of the Oak Centre. Alcoholic beverages will be provided as part of this prize package. Fishing rods/reels and bait will also be supplied.Also note that there is no store on the Bark Lake property should you require anything during your stay. When packing for the trip, please consider bringing warm clothing and rain gear as it can be quite cool at this time of year.

Haven't really found much information about this lake, except for the thread on this forum started in 2007, wondering if anything has changed with this lake.

Thanks so much for any updated info!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Congrats on the win and I am sure there are a few people on here with info on this lake. Hope they can give you some solid advice so you can whoop Bob's butt!! :lol:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bark Lake

Post by Joey Rat »

We fished Bark Lake one weekend last fall and pretty much all I have to show for it is a new skeg and prop. Actually to be fair that happened at the top of the lake in the Madawaska River but we did not catch a lot of fish.

Bark Lake also came up in a conversation with one of the guys in my bass club yesterday. He also said they caught very few fish and he was there for a week. Mind you it did sound more like a family vacation and it didn't sound like they fished hard but he was not impressed.

On the bright side, when I went through that area in April the Madawaska River which feeds into Bark, was down 12 feet. Yes that was feet. However, it doesn't sound like water levels were a problem when the guy from my bass club was there more recently.

Sorry I don't have better news for you but if Bob has spots on that lake and he probably does, please share them as I have pretty much written it off.

There was another guy from this site that fished there earlier this year but I don't recall the results, I think it was early and he was walleye fishing.

You might want to change the subject of your post to mention Bark Lake. I actually looked to see what kind of reel you had won. :oops:
I'm just another beer drinker with a fishing problem!
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

http://www.realfishing.com/rf/viewtopic.php?t=739

A couple of years old, but gives a bit of information and some pics...

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Bark Lake

Post by Wallyboss »

Joey Rat wrote:We fished Bark Lake one weekend last fall and pretty much all I have to show for it is a new skeg and prop. Actually to be fair that happened at the top of the lake in the Madawaska River but we did not catch a lot of fish.

Bark Lake also came up in a conversation with one of the guys in my bass club yesterday. He also said they caught very few fish and he was there for a week. Mind you it did sound more like a family vacation and it didn't sound like they fished hard but he was not impressed.

On the bright side, when I went through that area in April the Madawaska River which feeds into Bark, was down 12 feet. Yes that was feet. However, it doesn't sound like water levels were a problem when the guy from my bass club was there more recently.

Sorry I don't have better news for you but if Bob has spots on that lake and he probably does, please share them as I have pretty much written it off.

There was another guy from this site that fished there earlier this year but I don't recall the results, I think it was early and he was walleye fishing.

You might want to change the subject of your post to mention Bark Lake. I actually looked to see what kind of reel you had won. :oops:

Different Bark Lake
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Bark lake

Post by Big Jim »

Hey Guy's this is a little private lake with no public access.

Awesome fishing for walleye's and smallies ...Bob did a show there with Ted Takasaki a couple of years back on walleye's and all they caught was smallies ...but man o man ...did they load em'.

Great little place. :D 8)

BIG JIM...enjoy your trip as this lake only see's anglers 2 or 3 times a year max.
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bark Lake

Post by Joey Rat »

You know I actually wondered about that (the different lake thing) and did a quick google search but nothing jumped out at me. It was the thing about the reception in the Oak Centre, sounded a little to ritzy for the area I was talking about.

Logically Bob is not going to take a contest winner somewhere that you don't catch fish but then I don't have my own fishing show either.

Good luck and enjoy.

I'd still be interested to know if anyone catches fish in the other Bark Lake.
I'm just another beer drinker with a fishing problem!