Fish-Hawk.net Get-Together

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Thanks Bacon....I'm not sure if I had said it that it would have come off the same way...

Bottom line...

many people expressed paying $12 to pay for the launch was not cool with them..

People also mentioned potential issues with the launch at Baitcasters depending on water levels...

As for rocks at Arnprior....didn't you say you dinged your prop at Petrie again?... :? ....I'd bet 75% of people on the site have fished the area..

Who said it was muskie fishing day?..I'm probably bringing Kim and the kids for the day....I probably won't even wet a line myself...

The goal of the day was to get everyone together at one location...for those who come..great!...for those who don't, that's your choice....

If driving from the East end of town is an issue...talk to Salmon, Markus and Steve G....they'll probably be leaving the day before to drive 6 hours to make it... :D

oh and by the way...I wish Arnprior was my backyard....

Relax SW, the world isn't against you....

RJ
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

It is time for me to chime in.

I would be in to meeting up with fellow board members. My preference being a west ender is for Arnprior.

I will be by myself and will have room for a couple others as well.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

SEAWEED

please check your Mail...... :evil:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Hey Rex..good time for you and I to get out!!!!
If she can make it..do ya have room for Snag too???
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

makes about as much sense and Goin fishin in Port Hope everyday if you live in Arnprior.
Seaweed.....I don't understant this part of your post,never mind that I live in Kenmore....not Arnprior.... What dosen't make sense,The chance to take two good friends to fish in one of Canada's greatest Fisherys, the chance to experance world class Salmon fishing...the oppertunity to see the look in the eyes of a friend, as they tangle with a twenty Pound plus fish, the bend of the rod, the sound of the reel screaming against the drag...It may not Make sense to you ,....but it dose to me,...I wish I could fish the same 1000 yards of River all the time and have a good time doing it , like you,... but i can't...so I will go the Extra Mile for My Friends, Seaweed I hope one day you get to where I am now..... Happy with life :D
Last edited by big-o on Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

This East vs West thing has gotten old.

First thing I want to say is thanks to RJ for spearheading this, and thanks to everyone else who is backing him up with offers of help or ideas that will help make the day even better.

Second, this is a very public message board. In that regard, please use best judgement about stating your displeasure about anything. Everyone's opinion is welcome, but I don't believe anyone wants to create an environment on this board that makes it difficult for others to feel like participating online, on the water, or at Arnprior or at Petrie Island.

When accusational tones are able to be read into messages it has the effect of discouraging others, such as lurkers, from participating.

Just don't do it on the public threads.

RJ is organizing this. It is no easy feat to accomplish and kudos go to him. If he chooses Arnprior than it is because it is the best place for the most people. It may not be great for everyone but nothing ever is.

As for the democratic nature of this message board. I'm not sure what that comment is supposed to mean Mr Weed, but as far as I know, everyone still has a choice.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Well thought I would skip this one but can't.......RJ man go hard my freind,You have done a great job in putting this together :D And I aswell as all others are in your debt for doing so!!!!I will keep my thoughts to PM and If there is anything I can do,A ride,oil for the turkey,bring my float rod to take everyone to school :lol: :lol: :lol: ,You name it and I will do what I can!!!!

T.L F.F
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

I thought for sure I'd be part of that one :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll be on Crotch Lake that week. Renting at TumbleHome Lodge.

Next time I guess. :cry:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

No worries Rescue,Im sure the hard work that has been put into this will only lead to further get togethers :D :D

Once again I am in for sure!!! :D

T.L F.F
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

We have room for one in our boat, and also a 12' w/ 7.5hp that someone can borrow if they want. Might be able to help out with accomodations too.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Fish-Stock!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Fish-Stock!
Excellent!!!!!!!!!
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

I'll have to confirm it, because it's a couple days before my wife is travelling for a week, but I'd love to come and meet a bunch of you guys... and if someone has room for a rookie, it'd be much appreciated...if not... can you rent a boat up around there?? Maybe I'd be able to bring my Dad and my brother in that case...
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Pulling foot from mouth.....

Post by Seaweed »

OK

Opps I did it again. I would like to officially appologise for stirring up RJ and Phil. Hey I was just trying to make a point .... my bad. No biggie. The last thing I want to do is alienate all of my fellow whacky fishing folk.

So lets get back to the business of fishing. Who knows I have been known to change my mind you know and might even show up to catch the big fish. :?
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

CB

Should not be an issue for Snag to come along. I have three seats to get around, 1 fish off the fron two in the back off each side no issue.

I must try to get out before with before then f I can.