Sandbanks/Local Rivers

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
pchilli1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Sandbanks/Local Rivers

Post by pchilli1 »

All,

I'm looking for any info on either the Trent or Salmon rivers near Sandbanks. Looking to get out for a day to shore fish. Would east/west lake garner the same results with less driving?

Cheers,

P.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

I don't know about West Lake.
I can attest to the Trent being excellent for Bass in the summer. Cut my teeth on the Trent river 30+ years ago and still hit the old spots on occasion with my son. The Trent also has some fabulous walleye. Maybe a bit early, things really pick up in the fall. Lots of places to shore fish as well.
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

there is not a lot of place for people to fish west/east lake as the is really no public access. I live on the trent in trenton and fish it every night ( stay at home dad during the days, my stress releive/ me time at night) the are tons of smallies and largies to be had. The walleye runs in the spring and fall are some of the best any where. Trenton has a ton of public access for people to fish.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

I've heard rumors of whitefish being caught in the Trent in the fall. Yet to see it though. Anyone witnessed any whitefish come out of the Trent?
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

this is true there is a pretty good run of white in the fall around nov. I have caught many of white fish at the first dam on flies.