Ganny Salmon Question?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ganny Salmon Question?

Post by Doeun_k »

Hi everyone,
I am from Ottawa and i am wondering if the salmon are going to be there on the ganny with all of this sunny and hot weather coming a head? I plan to go down tuesday, if i do go?

Chen K
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

They will be there, for sure. Them grabbing your offering is another story alltogether. I have tentative plans to head down tomorrow night, will let you know the scoop. The only thing I can suggest to increase your odds, is fish between the hours of 8pm and 6am. Its the cooler temps. at night that trigger them to run.
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Steady Eddy wrote:They will be there, for sure. Them grabbing your offering is another story alltogether. I have tentative plans to head down tomorrow night, will let you know the scoop. The only thing I can suggest to increase your odds, is fish between the hours of 8pm and 6am. Its the cooler temps. at night that trigger them to run.
Never fished a night run before...Sounds like it could be a blast or a sprained ankle waiting to happen. Great advice Steady...never thought of it! :idea:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Steady Eddy wrote:They will be there, for sure. Them grabbing your offering is another story alltogether. I have tentative plans to head down tomorrow night, will let you know the scoop. The only thing I can suggest to increase your odds, is fish between the hours of 8pm and 6am. Its the cooler temps. at night that trigger them to run.
Marshmallows work pretty well for Salmon, I hear. I dont fish half dead Salmon in creeks though, they are too easy to catch. You could be blind with no arms and still have a good day fishing half dead Salmon fishing in a creek. :wink:

RJ
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

Points for originality, RJ !!!!
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

hopefully i can land a bow or a brown while im there, Thanks for the info. Ill try my luck out on Tuesday.

Chen K
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

Good day all,

Was on the ganny today and there are a whack fish in, but are sitting at the fish ladder already. the main river had a few in but not too much.Walked from the ball diamond right downtown. need a little more rain and cold night. they are lining up pretty good at the mouth just waiting to head up.
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

I will walk all the streams and river to hopefully snap some pics and catch a few, if no luck i will fish around the mouth, Should i use cleos or roe ta the bottem??

Chen K
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

RJ wrote:I dont fish half dead Salmon in creeks though, they are too easy to catch. You could be blind with no arms and still have a good day fishing half dead Salmon fishing in a creek. :wink:

RJ
That's what I'm talk'n about!
RJ, your middle name must be tact!:wink:
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

cleos at the mouth are best but roe does work as well. row is better through out the river.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

RJ wrote:Marshmallows work pretty well for Salmon, I hear. I dont fish half dead Salmon in creeks though, they are too easy to catch. You could be blind with no arms and still have a good day fishing half dead Salmon fishing in a creek. :wink:

RJ
Ya say that today RJ, but I bet you were like the rest of us that went down there like a dirty ole shirt fishin the tribs in our earlier younger days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:...and don't lie!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
RJ wrote:Marshmallows work pretty well for Salmon, I hear. I dont fish half dead Salmon in creeks though, they are too easy to catch. You could be blind with no arms and still have a good day fishing half dead Salmon fishing in a creek. :wink:

RJ
Ya say that today RJ, but I bet you were like the rest of us that went down there like a dirty ole shirt fishin the tribs in our earlier younger days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:...and don't lie!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can honestly say I have never done the boot fishing....standing shoulder to shoulder trying to catch black half dead boots just doesn't appeal to me.....

One time I did hit a run in the river in late August when we were forced off the lake due to wind....nice fresh fish....I'll admit...that was a freakin blast....and we were on the only ones there.... :lol:

RJ
Papaclaude
Participant
Participant

Post by Papaclaude »

Where is the Ganny? Looking for a place to go with my son-in-law, where we can fish from shore
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

Port Hope
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

I gues I will plan my salmon fishing another day, It has been too hot so I will wait for a cool day or wait till the rain comes in .....

Chen K