Ganny Salmon Question?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Good plan - there is rain and cooler temps forecast for later this week. Try on Sunday, although the traffic could be nasty this weekend.
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

just waiting on the hurricane to bring us some rain

Chen K
CRP_4321
Participant
Participant

Post by CRP_4321 »

Are they good eating?

RJ was saying they are half dead, which doesn't bother me if they still taste good. I was thinking of heading down to Port Hope myself and give it a try.
Papaclaude
Participant
Participant

Eating

Post by Papaclaude »

haven't tried them out of Port Hope, but in the Credit the smaller ones are good. the big ones are like any other big fish - not much good IMHO. BTW, I was at the Credit on the weekend, nothing yet, but it should be any day now. Will advise as soon as I know anything.
CRP_4321
Participant
Participant

Post by CRP_4321 »

I'll definitely be heading up this weekend then looking for smaller ones to keep. I'll post my impression of Port Hope.
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

Well i'm not sure about the salmon at the Ginny but can vouch for the ones in the Margaree river in NS ... they are far from dead when you hook one of those ... I'll take a 30 minute plus fight from a half dead fish any day of the week .... not to mention supper ...
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

The ones caught by the mouth of the peirs are good, but the ones that run up the shallow part that are half dead are not good to keep.

Chen K