Muskie spots wendover/arnprior ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Muskie spots wendover/arnprior ?

Post by Simmer »

We mainly fish close to Ottawa (rockland, petrie) for muskie but are thinkin about tryin some different locales as the scenery is getting old. Not looking for GPS co-ordinates, just general areas if possible, and not any secret spots, maybe just a couple everyone knows about (except me) .

Also, if you tell me to go screw myself and to find my own spots, I totally understand! I thought I would give this a shot before we go out there and start trolling blind.

Cheers!
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Go screw yourself! But while you're doing that, Wendover where the Nation meets the Ottawa is a pretty solid musky spot.

GPS X, X, X

Good luck. :D

M.T. Livewell
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

Thanks MT ... I'll try that (...and then try the spot in front of the nation) :shock:
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Muskie Spots

Post by Seaweed »

Buy a map and read some books on the fish.... that is the best way to learn about muskie spots. There are a lot of fish out there and they do like certain ingredients to keep them happy and hungry.

Seriously.... no muskie angler will give up his sweet spots. They take too long to discover and generally after fighting a fish and releasing it you don't want anyone else to intrude on her unless they have figured out that the fish was there like you did.

It is kind of funny trying to explain. You develop a certain kinship with the fish I guess. At least I do. :lol: