Great day on Mississippi.....FH derby.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Why's that ?????? Do you fish for Bass in April/May Shocked Shocked
Of course not...I'm taking off that part of the post. Continue on with the praise of RJ and Cprince for their work with this tournament.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

It was great to be able to meet everyone. I knew that if we all got together we would all have a blast!!

RJ and Birdie... or as the Paparazzi call you R-Jirdie!!! You guys are a match for the ages... Birdie quietly boating quality fish and RJ being the entertainer! Love it!!!
RJ... odd coincidence you and I both weighing in 3.3'ers!!!!

highlander - There can only be one!!!!! What is that knife like? Any good?

bradford2 - When you have a day pass... take it to the limit! What time did you leave the pub?! Did you get that server's number? (SHHHHHhhhh... promise not to tell!)

clint - I hope you girlfriend knows I was just stirring the pot!!! She seems like a great sport... lucky man!! Hold on to her like grim death!!!!!

beachburger you old CL.... We will have our life aquatic adventure and I will play Steve Zazou and see if we cant get a fancy rod out of the deal!! (Then hand it over to it's owner!)

matcolecat - You got the right idea... my company name is KEShCon... Katherine Emily Shannon Consulting... but I always say that I put the Con in it... :)

lapointeric - What the heck is your REAL name? John Smith?!!! You seem like a fun SOB... hope we get to fish some time... but that hat... Martina Navratilova wouldn't even wear that!!!

Fishing 24/7 - Good job producing in a new lake!! And then having me believe that you were skunked!!! We should start something like Poker or Bluff fishing at the weigh in.

Bass Addict - Great partner to fish with. He does ALL the cursing for me!!!!! Don't forget to charge your cranking battery. I still love the silence when I said you won 3rd prize... I could hear crickets!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!

Tip-up -Great to meet you. I am glad you were able to make it. Please thank your bro for the great prize!!!! I hope you and Yan team up again... it looks like you might be good luck for him!

Paolo C's - Thanks for taking pics of the event big guy. Juventus all the way!! Birdie has a prize for you that you won in abstention.

Bobber Boyz - Your lad looked like the cat that ate the canaray all day! One lucky boy!!! Thank you for driving so damn far to make it to this event!!!! Hope you made it home ok... and that it WAS your battery and not your alternator!

Sportspal... pal of sports... Great to finally meet you... Were you down at the river mouth with BA and me at the south end of the lake? I am trying to remember what your boat looked like...

Seabass81 - Great job bringing Alex to the derby!! I am glad to have met you... we never got to talk Quebec lakes... next time!

JimW & Chuck - That secret weight paid off!! Nice prize. Ice fishing.... ? That idea intrigues me... tell me more of this fishing of ice! How big of a hole am I allowed to hack out???

bucklandman & Son
Thanks for coming out... next time keep every darn fish you catch!!!!! Never know what that secret weight will be! I hope you had fun.

Dan Smyth - Great to meet you. I like the pairing of you and Beachburger... I think your haircut must have added at least 6 MPH to his top speed!!!!

bm_attar & Son - BAH-SEEEEEEM.... Come on man!!! You gotta get a serious Fish-Hawk-a-licious handle out of that name!!! We will hit some QC bass soon bud! I just have to make sure that we don't have to go under any low bridges!!

Fisherguy33 - Yannick.... gotta tell you bud... I was almost as happy to see you with a good solid BASS as I was to see BA with one!!!! Congs on getting that stink off of you!!

Almontefisher.... sorry to hear about the cookie flipper you had in your boat. You should of tried to find a niece to take the seat...

bowzog - Thanks for EVERYTHING!! Thanks for showing up too... it was great to meet you (Although, I can't help but to think that I have met you before...?)

I have to admit.... gonefishin - jayg.... I am not 100% certain what set of gents you were... I think you guys were sitting just around the corner from where I was nervously trying to animate the draws and handing out the prizes... I am just surprised that I remembered as many as I have!!!

I hope that this is just my first F-H event of many to come so I can easily remember who is who in the future. You guys are all as passionate about fishing as I am... and it is a little creepy!!! A fall event might be fun. The big question would be where?!!!

Thanks to every one! I had a blast!!

Craig
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

cprince wrote:It was great to be able to meet everyone. I knew that if we all got together we would all have a blast!!

JimW & Chuck - That secret weight paid off!! Nice prize. Ice fishing.... ? That idea intrigues me... tell me more of this fishing of ice! How big of a hole am I allowed to hack out???

I hope that this is just my first F-H event of many to come so I can easily remember who is who in the future. You guys are all as passionate about fishing as I am... and it is a little creepy!!! A fall event might be fun. The big question would be where?!!!

Thanks to every one! I had a blast!!

Craig
Good to meet ya Craig. For ice fishing holes.... size depends on if you want to "still fishing/jig" or "troll".... picture it ..... a nice 100 yard long "hole" you could just drop your lure down and run back and forth or better yet skate back and forth. :D

JimW
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

JimW wrote:Good to meet ya Craig. For ice fishing holes.... size depends on if you want to "still fishing/jig" or "troll".... picture it ..... a nice 100 yard long "hole" you could just drop your lure down and run back and forth or better yet skate back and forth. :D

JimW
I am partial to buzz baits!!

Craig
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Sounds like a great time was had by all! :D ...well, except AF and his buddy who got sunstroke of course. :(

Congrats to everyone on their success! I hope to make the next one. ;) 8)
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

cprince wrote:
JimW wrote:Good to meet ya Craig. For ice fishing holes.... size depends on if you want to "still fishing/jig" or "troll".... picture it ..... a nice 100 yard long "hole" you could just drop your lure down and run back and forth or better yet skate back and forth. :D

JimW
I am partial to buzz baits!!

Craig
You will have to run really fast.

Jim
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

looks like it was an absolute blast for everyone i will make sure i can book the next one off :wink:
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

By far the most fun I have had all year. Great to meet some new people and figure out where da smallies are hiding ( No Nodie dont even ask, all I ca n say is waypoint 46)

Well hope to this again next year or even a part 2 on the ice !

John
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Ice is nice!! 8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
clint
Participant
Participant

Post by clint »

this was a blast.....
wish the fishing would have been a little easier for everyone, everyone needs to try this lake again, i have never seen it so hard to hook up with anything there......

like i said after dinner, i'm already signed up for the next one....
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Was a great day!!!! Thanks to the organizers for it! I ended up with heat stroke as well! Said hi to the wife and beelined it to the bathroom!! LOL Hope we can do this again next year!! minus the puking of course!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

This is what Fish-Hawk is all about

Man did that food ever smell great last night! Would have loved to stick around for some Hawk Talk but it wouldn't have been right to spoil my birthday suppper I was having in only a couple hours.

Big thanks to Yannick for having me out in his boat. The largemouth bass in Mississippi was a first for both of us. I think we did great for the limited time we had out there. My little bass settled on the scale at 2.15..pretty sure I tied for hidden weight but meh...I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding :wink: How many walleyes were weighed in?

Thanks to all the site sponsors and donaters for some great prizes and of course Cprince and RJ for getting this show on the road. Everything went off without a hitch! It was great to meet a bunch of new hawkers and also chat with many that have been kicking it around here, showing support for a while now. Really looking forward to doing this again. I'm in for a fall fish!

Congrats to the winners!

Andrew
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

ok Birdee ... i'm not sure if you post on this site or not ... but you have to at least post once to brag a little bit for your gender ... start your post with something like ... "I am woman hear me roar ... !!! "
Dan Smyth
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dan Smyth »

A big thanks to all the organizers for a great day and a special thanks to the "MATCH MAKER", you know who you are!
Beachburger I would share a boat with you anytime anywhere. You were a great teacher to an old walleye guy and I won't have to shave my head for a week after that boat ride. Thanks for everything.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

dead_weight wrote:ok Birdee ... i'm not sure if you post on this site or not ... but you have to at least post once to brag a little bit for your gender ... start your post with something like ... "I am woman hear me roar ... !!! "
HAHHAH! thats a good one dude.

birdee is not a show off.

she is high class act.!!!!

or is she??