Big Rideau Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Big Rideau Lake

Post by Tony »

Well Ransome and I are off to another bass tournie without a day of prefishing. :roll: I know a lot of people fish the Big Rideau and am looking for any kind of advice as to good spots or what type of spots to look for, what works and navigational hazards to be aware of. The tournie is tomorrow (saturday), wish us luck!

P.S. Feel free to PM either of us.

Thanks in advance!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Man ....realy clear clear water...never had much luck with bass...or any thing come to think of it...sorry guys, not much help Good Luck....we will talk on the Queens way :wink: :wink: :wink: 8) :D :shock:
FlyingDutchman
Participant
Participant

Post by FlyingDutchman »

You can try the west side of Briggs Island. Theirs largemouth along the shore and smallmouth off the shore. Be careful the south side of the island it gets pretty rocky.

FlyingDutchman
DUBIE
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DUBIE »

The fish-hawk maps is a good place to start, It has allot of good fishing holes.
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

Thanks Guys! We'll give'em a try and let you know how we did!
Draven
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Draven »

Make sure you get back to us and tell us how you did
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

Well we gave'er and gave'er some more, trying everything suggested and then everything else. We finally landed our first bass about 14" around 11ish I think and that was our only keeper for the day that made it into the boat, and we only lost 2 or 3 small ones anyways.

I told ransome don't worry I'm sure a lot of others had a tough time also. NOPE, apparently bass were there, just not for us. Only 2 or 3 other teams didn't have a limit, and of those teams the avg. weight was aroud 13lbs for 5 fish. Top weight 17.47 :roll: Big fish was around 4.8 I think... :?
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

Oh I forgot to mention the punchline(s). I lost my sunglasses when I took them off for 2 seconds and the waterbottle fell on them and launched them out of the boat. Then I went to put on a brand new spinner bait which I thought was tied on but when I through it over it wasn't and is now part of the structure. And the biggest kick in the you know what was almost all the fish that came in were caught doing exactly what we were doing in the same type of spots :evil: We are pretending that it never happened and shall never be spoken of again.