Pike Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Walleye Ric
Participant
Participant

Pike Lake

Post by Walleye Ric »

Is Pike Lake south of Perth a good fishing lake
cul8r
Ric

"Keep Your Stick On the Ice" Red Green
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

My mother in law and her friend (who owned a cottage on the lake) fished there a heck of a lot over the years ... it's been a number of years since they went out (her friend passed away) ... but I hear that there's still good fishing lake ... I think its all private access or perhaps limited public ... I've been there (didn't fish) and never saw much boat traffic ... heard from the cottage owner that there's good walleye out in the middle of the lake near some of the drop offs (a fish finder would help) ... I believe him based on what my in-laws have said ... not sure how much this helps but best of luck.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Not positive, but I believe there is public access to Pike Lake. :wink:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

There is a public launch off County Road #10 at the very top of the lake. I is about a 15 minute drive south west of Perth
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

yep to the public launch .. H&S is correct to the location... kind of hard to find as its hidden from the road and poorly marked.

The launch is in the river just before the damn. You have to boat upstream tot he lake.

I fished it three years ago and caught lots of SMB.

There are aparently many eyes but there is a slot size.. so be careful.
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles
are members of a weird religious cult."
-- Rita Rudner
Kovalchuk
Participant
Participant

Post by Kovalchuk »

I had a buddy with a cottage on Pike Lake.... damn that first visit was deceptive! I fished Mepps spinners all day looking for Pike! No such luck!

Healthy smallie population... but nothing over 2lbs in the few days I have spent there.