Out on Wolfe L.With Wolfe....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Out on Wolfe L.With Wolfe....

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Well got an invite a little while back from Wolfe to meet for a bit at a cottage on Wolfe Lake,Well I couldnt pass it up :D I went up with Slush Puppy and Chrome to meet W.So the trip began out of Ottawa and we headed west.The whole ride was rambling bout fishing :lol: Of course...
Then we get up to the cottage with the help of Chrome's Jeff Gordon driving styles and awsome directions from Slushpuppy :D We meet the mysterious Wolfe and begin the Hawk Tawkin.We also met Shane and Tyler W"s 2 little guys,and her mom Phillis.So after a few or I should say many Laughs were had,Well doesnt W put out a spread fit for a king :shock: Great meal and then off to the water :D Well lemme forewarn 4 adults and a 6 year old master fisherman makes a 25horse power merc go put put :lol: :oops: :lol: Well we made it out on the water and a few rock bass were landed (Monsters that is :lol: )So Wolfe was looking a little upset for no fish of size were boated :evil: Well FF put that to rest by landing a nice fat 16"SM 8) So as we got the trolling motor to work and made our way around the Islands Which the wind found us every turn :evil: Wolfe and Crome got tangled up in a little birds nest which proved to be a good thing for Wolfe after the mess clean up had a 19"SM on and landed by the skills of Chrome :P So we stayed close to the shore line and a few more rock bass were hauled,and then of course no fishing story goes without the one that got away :lol: :evil: Yes folks I lost what was estimated at a SM over 22"long- :x :evil: :evil: :roll: Right at the boat and gone :oops: So we toured a bit longer and decided the day was a good enough run and it was time to return to shore(WELL NOW THE FUN BEGINS!!!)Well we rounded the North shore and headed for home :? Well no hats were flyin off from speed but the waves were breakin the bow of the boat and we all got SOAKED :lol: on our return...
So we made it back no worse but drowned almost :lol: Headed back to the Cottage to talk over a drink and finish our day.

Total tally,
Chrome 3 rock bass.

Slush 1 rock bass.

Wolfe 19"SM and 1 rock bass

FF 16"SM 11"SM Lost 22"SM and 3 rock bass

What a great time and would like to thank Wolfe,Phillis,Shane,and Tyler for having us up for the day and making us feel right like we never left home :D

SP and Wolfe have pics so Sry no pics to follow :oops:

Thx again all,Gotta run just had my first Tim Hortons coffee :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, F.F
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Nice work wolfe you're on the board and taking us back into the lead.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Wolfe...it's nice to see you make the points board....the first one is always the hardest...the rest will come easy now, FF....you can go back to work any time :wink: ...sounds like every one had a good time....and thats what it's all about...............any PICS???
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Here are the 2 pics I have.

Sorry team 6, Chrome and I didn't do too much on this trip :oops:

Note: these pics were taken before the wet t-shirt contest.

wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Thx, Slush, for posting those pic's. I've got a couple more I'll send off shortly.

It was great meeting Slushpuppy, Floatfishin' and Chrome-a-Saurus. I wish I could have showed them some better fishing, but as FF mentioned, the boat was a plug (biggest understatement of 2004) , 'twas a demonic wind that found us no matter where we went and it was just plain old slow. :roll: The company was good, regardless, and we enjoyed ourselves.

I thank you three Hawk Talkers for taking the time to drive out to meet me. (And for doing the dishes!!) :lol:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Guess I'll have to change my avatar. I'm not "fishless" anymore, but hardly rollin' in them! :lol:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.