A sad day

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

A sad day

Post by Hookup »

This is a report of a day that didn't happen.

It started last weekend. I had been leaving the boat at the cottage, black donald lake, and therefore had not been out fishing on the week day evenings like I have in the past.

I hadn't even caught a largie when I thought to myself, "self" you'd better yank that boat back home and get out on the rideau...

So the boat get's pulled out, i get it home... spend a glorious Sunday afternoon cleaning it up to make it look nice and new... ;) and set a date with myself for Wednesday Sept 8th to get out on the water and RIP SOME LIPS!

What did happen yesterday was one of the crappiest days at work. One client threatens to take us to court for the lost revenue of 7 figures plus... though this is a meaningless threat, it has to be managed... then an internal battle occurs at 11am between two head strong people... people are sent back to their corners... the new guy shows up and has been sitting here twiddling thumbs...... my cell phone dies, tying me to my desk for calls that I was going to take from the car.... and wamo, it's 6pm and I've not left the office...

So I did not launch across from Pirates Cove Marina.

I cannot comment on the condition of that launch, or even show cool in progress photos of the event...

I did not drop the trolling motor and get out the flipp'n stick for some deep-edge bass...

I did not feel the tick-tick-tick and my heart did not race when I did not set the hook on the nickle.

There was no Extended Arm Pose with a brute, and there were not photos of the wee tiny fish at full EAP trying to look bigger than life...just for laughs

There were not snot-rockets that interfered with my bass action... and concequently no photos of said fish either...

There were no birds...:D

There are no stories... only complaints...:(

In the end, I hope to get out tonight... So far, no one's threatened my day...
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

hang in there bud, life happens. then there is fishing 8) 8)
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
Fishtraks
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishtraks »

You COULD be living in sunny Baghdad.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Well.....I don't think we've ever had a story about something that "didn't" happen. :) Now that's an interesting twist on a fishing report.

Thanks...and hang in there. The weather sucks anyway, so the bass are hiding under their beds with shut lips. Take yer family to the Dairy Queen and make a deposit into the emotional bank account. Then you'll be able to get out TWICE in one week. 8)
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

The weather does look pretty bad.... i'm not calling the day off yet, but darn... high winds, scattered showers, cold temps... not the recipe for success I was hoping for at all.

maybe I should just stand on my boat in my driveway and flip 'n pitch into a kiddy pool...
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Hookup wrote:The weather does look pretty bad.... i'm not calling the day off yet, but darn... high winds, scattered showers, cold temps... not the recipe for success I was hoping for at all.

maybe I should just stand on my boat in my driveway and flip 'n pitch into a kiddy pool...
Better yet get someone to drive your vehicle and boat and you could troll down the street!! :lol:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Hi Hookup, seems like your a little dumped out.
Believe me it's that kind of week for all - The Weather!
Lots of good times too come. Bare with the current moments.
Visit a pet store after your ice cream and look at the fish! :D
Daner
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

And i thought i had a bad day! well, its almost the weekend!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

matcolecat wrote:And i thought i had a bad day! well, its almost the weekend!
Ditto....! :lol:

Sorry, it was pretty cruddy for you, wasn't it? Maybe you'll have an extra good luck day tomorrow -- or at least on your next outing. You're due!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Dude! Bummer! As the adage goes, it happens! Next time do go out, kick back and forget everything cept what's on the end of that line! Even if there isn't a thing on it's better than bein at work!