anyone ever fishing in Sandbanks Provincial Park?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
someone
Participant
Participant

anyone ever fishing in Sandbanks Provincial Park?

Post by someone »

Plan to have a weekend vacation in Sandbanks Provicial Park recently.. The main concern is about fishing. From its website, it seems there are some population of small and big mouth bass, and even salmon in nearby area.

Anyone here ever fishing there? Is a salmon sean now?

Thanks for any reply!

Mike
DUBIE
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DUBIE »

East and west lake hold some good small mouth and large mouth bass ,pike,walleye,perch.Lots of fish in LAKE ONTARIO just have to have a good boat for that water.Some charters out of wellington. hope this helps.

Use to go there every year, But now its just a hassle to get in.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Sandbanks Fishing

Post by Seaweed »

Ditto to what Dubie said. West lake seven inch worm and shallow. The Walleye in Picton harbour is great too. Never mind the big lake.... too expensive and you have to travel to far to fish it off of the park. No local ramps and the shoals around there are deadly.

Don't even bother trying to fish the lake in front of the beach... nothing there worth talking about.
drdave
Participant
Participant

Post by drdave »

someone I was there last week and fished a bit in the outlet river and the East Lake, Lake O is too big for my canoe!

Anyhow brought my girls up the outlet river, ( we were in the park and launched from there) and caught a couple of Largemouths in there. Saw a couple of big Smallies too but there is heavy fishin from shore there and the smallies showed no interest in our lures.

There has to be some of everything in East lake but unfortunately as soon as I got started fishing in the East Lake my daughter wanted to go back.. :cry:
furious
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by furious »

If you come out of the river into East Lake there are huge patches of pencil reeds in your left. Fish them with senkos and white spinnerbaits. They are loaded with fish, just be prepared to remove a lot of hammer handles, there are more small pike in East Lake than I have ever seen anywhere.
drdave
Participant
Participant

Post by drdave »

hey furious what is a senko??
furious
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by furious »

It's a straight tail worm with tapered ends. Check out www.baits.com to see and read about the senko and check out the colour charts.