Looking for a Musky Charter on the Ottawa this weekend

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Abraxus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Looking for a Musky Charter on the Ottawa this weekend

Post by Abraxus »

Hi guys,

I know it is short notice, but I am looking for a good Musky charter for this weekend. I had plans to come up to Ottawa and Musky fish with a friend of a friend who knows the Ottawa well and is an avid Musky man. This being said, I just recieved notice last night that he wont be able to pull through and plans have been cancelled. Ahh welll...stuff happens!
I was really really eager to get out on the Ottawa River for a shot at some Musky water other then whats in my back yard. Rather then have the entire weekend be a complete bust, I may as well try and find a charter that is free for on either Saturday or Sunday.

Would anyone have any suggestions that could help?

Thanks!

Ab
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Looking for a Musky Charter on the Ottawa this weekend

Post by almontefisher »

Abraxus wrote:Hi guys,

I know it is short notice, but I am looking for a good Musky charter for this weekend. I had plans to come up to Ottawa and Musky fish with a friend of a friend who knows the Ottawa well and is an avid Musky man. This being said, I just recieved notice last night that he wont be able to pull through and plans have been cancelled. Ahh welll...stuff happens!
I was really really eager to get out on the Ottawa River for a shot at some Musky water other then whats in my back yard. Rather then have the entire weekend be a complete bust, I may as well try and find a charter that is free for on either Saturday or Sunday.

Would anyone have any suggestions that could help?

Thanks!

Ab
Ab: There are three guides on here I believe that do musky. Richard Collins is one and also Kurt Lavigne and I can not remember the other guy. Give them a PM and see what you can find.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Abraxus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Abraxus »

Thanks Almonte!

Ab
Fishtraks
Participant
Participant

Musky charters...

Post by Fishtraks »

AB...you could try Bill Craig...he is founding member of Ottawa Valley Musky Club and operates out of Arnprior. Try checking out the webpage search on OVMC. His cell is 613-622-0673. Tell him Pete Clements sent you. I've been out with him..he knows where the fish are. Good luck...Pete Clements AKA Fishtraks
Abraxus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Abraxus »

Thanks Fishtraks. Yup! What can I say...with such short notice to work with, I am sort of SOL. Most of the charter guys are booked solid. It only makes sense. This is the last Long weekend in the peak of the fall brawl for Musky. The big girls are starting to put on the Feed Bag, bulking up and every musky guy knows it! lol

I would bring my own boat up and poke around, but I am not all that eager to go looking for musky on a river I have never fished and admitingly know little about. Thats a recipe for disaster if I have heard one.

Maybe it will just be a weekend of milling around in the market. This having been said, being that close to river... I will be able smell musky slime and I know that will just drive me nuts! lol

Thanks the help guys!

Ab
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Raminator »

I would bring your boat,if you launch at braeside, just minutes west of arnprior you have many miles of primo musky water to troll, a $20 gov't chart, will show you the shoals to fish, if you stay on the Ontario side you won't have much to worry about for deadheads, the water level is way up., alot of nice fish are being taken in the chats bay area, near the old train bridge.