Bay of Quinte October 30th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bay of Quinte October 30th

Post by JimW »

Well myself and a buddy, Scott, from my bass fishing club headed down to the Bay of Quinte Saturday morning in search of old marble eyes.

We arrived at the Glenora Ferry before 7am in the dark and after launching we were off in the darkness slowly driving out towards Pryner's Cove, with the plan to then troll back towards the ferry.

Scott has never fished the Bay of Q and I have only trolled on the bay about 4 or 5 times, so we were just hoping for atleast 1 fish.

I set up our lines as Scott kept us going straight. We were trolling with 4 rods. shortly after we started one of our rods goes off. I grap it and start to reel in, I am thinking it is a sheephead, as it approaches Scott says no big walleye.

After 2 or 3 attempts by Scott to try and knock my fish off with the net he decided to net the fish, bending the net in the process. Nice we have our first fish a nice little walleye weighing 11 pounds 8 oz!!! A great start to the fall season.

Shortly after Scott is up on the rods and lands a nice 7 pound eye, his personal best!!! Great job. (He has the photo)

We get set up again and turn around to make another pass over where we caught the other fish............. fish on!!! I land our 3rd fish of the day a nice 8 pounder.

Not to be out done Scott lands our 4th fish shortly after, a 5 pound walleye.

All 4 fish caught between 8 and 10 am. Two fish on Reef Runners, 1 on a spoon, 1 on a Ripplin' Redfin.

After the 4th fish we decided to try some new areas but no luck, but a great day on the water.

Back down next weekend with Scott and Lawrence and the Blind Fishing Boat. I can't wait still looking for a 15 pounder!!!!

JimW
[/img]
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Great report Jim....nice to see that the Lake O eyes are starting to move into the BOQ!....
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Serious gold! Nice looking fish!

Thanks for sharing!!

Craig
stclairhound
Participant
Participant

Post by stclairhound »

Nice stuff. Would like to get back up there again sometime.
Vrodkid
Participant
Participant

Post by Vrodkid »

Beautifull Boys, Nice report. I<m actually heading to the same spot next Saturday, launching at the Ferry and fishing the Reach. We were there last year with a guide, cought 3 nice ones. I have my Reef Runners and Deep tails Dancers all ready and let not forget the Boards... What ended up working for you that day re. cranks, what were you using, color etc...

Cheers, Thanks for sharing.
Vrodkid
Participant
Participant

Post by Vrodkid »

Uh, i guess i didnt read far enough! Got my answer on what you were using! Thanks. Also, that you are going back next week end, perhaps we will cross paths, ill keep an Eye out, put intended!

Cheers,
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Great fish Jim!
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Very nice, cant wait for next weekend as well, some of the ORWL guys will be there .... happy to see them in :D :D
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

stclairhound wrote:Nice stuff. Would like to get back up there again sometime.
Hey Bruce...my boys had to cancel the trip I planned in November due to family commitments..I'm still planning on heading down solo during the 2nd or 3rd week for a Wed - Friday trip....send me a pm if interested... :wink:
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Good luck next weekend. We might see you out there. We are planning on launching at the ferry Sat and Sunday.

JimW

Vrodkid wrote:Uh, i guess i didnt read far enough! Got my answer on what you were using! Thanks. Also, that you are going back next week end, perhaps we will cross paths, ill keep an Eye out, put intended!

Cheers,
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Superb walleye Jim!!
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

Some nice looking eyes Jim. Nice to see some fish starting to move in.
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PerchPredator »

Awesome walleye Jim.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

PerchPredator
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Wowser

Post by Seaweed »

Great outing Jim and Scott... good luck next weekend.

I am hitting the bay on the Remembrance Day Long weekend... at least for us government folk. I hope they are still biting. :lol:
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

gorgeous fish Jim....well done :) nice to see them 'on' :)