Let The Buying Continue..........

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Let The Buying Continue..........

Post by Laketrout »

I'm looking to buy a new tent. I have a 3 man canvas one now. I'm looking for something alittle bigger for my remote trips. Many years ago I owned a nylon tent,I woke up one mornin and it was raining outside and there was a fine mist coming down inside the tent.
I'm looking at the Woods Tents.
Anyone have any experience with this brand of tent,easy to set up ect. or any others in the list.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/ ... rentPage=1
Thanks
scttsmpsn
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by scttsmpsn »

I have experience with the Sunrise and Excursion tents. Nice tents, good quality. They are inexpensive but do the job quite nicely.

You should have good luck with either. If you want to do winter camping you may want something else but for most this tent will be fine. Never had problem with water or mist as you have noticed.

Cheers,

Scott
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

We've got a Woods 4person Hex that has been great (bought last year). The all mesh sides really help prevent the dreaded condensation, has good ventalation. A decent late spring, summer and early fall tent. Easy for one person to put up (as long as it doesn't start to rain before the fly gets put on. :( :( . The floor material also seems good so far (no wicking).

I have an older Taymor Premier that is prone to condensation and will wick water through the floor and sides if sits wet for too long (will tend to make the wife miserable)
Cyress
Participant
Participant

Post by Cyress »

Check out Bushtukah on Richmond Road, They are having a big tent sale and you can get real quality tents meant for back country and such.

It is worth a look I figure.
Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Laketrout »

Thanks for the imput guys.
I've decided on
Woods EZ-TENT 5-person Tent
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Let us know how it works out....wondered about the snap into place jobby... :lol:

We bought a kick-butt tent at Costco this spring...cheap too!

RJ
DUBIE
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DUBIE »

Laketrout: I've heard some bad things about that tent, The locking mechanism fails some times leaving you with no tent. That was a wile ago but just look into it a little better.
Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Laketrout »

DUBIE
Thanks for the heads up,i'm glad now I didn't hit the Buy now Button!!
The search continues! It wouldn't be the first time I couldn't get a tent up. i'd just pull the tent over me and go to sleep,ok for 1 night no good for aweek :cry: