Muskie Fishing Tonight

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Muskie Fishing Tonight

Post by Guest »

Anyone interested in goin' muskie fishing tonight from 5:30 - 9:30 on the Ottawa river? I've got the boat, and gear, and just need a netman. If you're interested, let me know.

HW
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

If you haven't found anyone... I just got the o.k. from the wife to go out tonight.

Let me know,

Carlco

Post by Guest »

Sounds good Carlco, we'll get a monster tonight!

HW
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

How did you guys make out?

Post by Seaweed »

Any update on the outing there guys? Did you make it out?

Post by Guest »

any reports? did you get caught in the storm?

Post by Guest »

We went out at about 5:45, just after the worst of the storm past. It rained for about an hour, but then stopped for the rest of the night. Actually turned out to be a decent night.

Carlco got 3 pike trolling (nothing to write back home about though), but that was really it.

Had one big rip at about 7:00. Pulled some decent line, so it was certainly a decent sized fish. Pulled the rod out of the holder, and there was nothing there. When I brought the bait up, it had some nice teeth marks in the back. Either a big pike or muskie hit it, but don't think there were any hooks in the fish. DOH! C'est la vie!

We'll get 'em Friday crazyhook. Gotta figure out venue though. I'm starting to have my doubts about that part of the Ottawa right now. Weeds are still really sparse. We'll talk to figure it out. May be worth a little drive to go get a monster. :)

HW

Post by Guest »

dude I will email you when I get to work and we can figure it out..