Quinte Report Nov 10th - 12th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Quinte Report Nov 10th - 12th

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Daner and I finally got a chance to get out for a fishing excursion after many years of being idle and not fishing together like we did in the past!

We decided to "re-kindle' the fishing bond we had by heading down to Quinte for a few days and try our luck at some eyes...

We took our time driving down on Wednesday morning and launched the boat around 9:00AM...we decided to troll the Thompson's and Sherman's point areas for a while before trolling in front of the cement plant...

I kept beating my head wondering why we weren't able to hook into any fish so I turn around to discuss tactics with Dane and see this catastrophe!!!!! :evil: :twisted:

YUP.....Daner decided to pack a banana with his lunch :shock: .....I immediately leaned over and yanked it out of his hands and flung it overboard :D

Needless to say Wednesday was not a good day as we ended 0 -1 by dark..

We woke up bright and early Thursday morning only to find that the wind had picked up from the East and was blowing pretty good..we headed East of the Ferry and got bumped around for a few hours before deciding to head back to the bay and wait to see if the wind settled down in the Reach...this pic shows how rough it was out there..

The afternoon turned out to be awesome with us boating 6 small eaters all caught in the 30FOW range...

We got off the water earlier on Thursday and headed back to the room to down some pops and discuss the strategy for Friday morning...With the forecast looking in our favor, we decided to head back up the Reach and search for bait balls....we found lots but most of them were in the deeper water column including the fish..we only had a couple of hours of morning fishing before we had to pack up and head back home for 2:00PM so we re-rigged our setup and decided to try and get out baits down deeper....

BINGO!!......Daner was able to get this healthy gal into the boat and ended our mini trip with a thumbs up!

Here are some screen shots from the Lowrance....

Fishing was tough for everyone and we still may be a bit early this fall....the water temp east of the ferry was around 50F and the fish were deep. The water temp in the bay and around Thompson's point averaged around 45F

We talked to lot of other anglers and no one was having great success with boating fish let alone big fish!....we met a couple of guys from Illinois at our motel that come to Quinte on a regular basis and they only boated 1 small eye in 4 days...

It's only going to get better but we need some cooled weather now!

Last but not least, my new ride handled the rough water like a champ!...We were totally impressed!
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Hi Buddy;
Thanks again for the invite and the nice time.
Brought back memories from our past together.

Daner :D
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Nice fish, at least you didn't end up empty handed!

E
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

I was waiting for this report! Daner's Walleye was worth the wait!!! That is one sweet goldie!

Doré!!!

MAD marks on the HDS... with bait balls like that, it is no small wonder that there are so many walleyes there.

Thanks for taking the time to author a report and share your good time on Quinte with us all!!

Craig
seanshuntin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seanshuntin »

well done gents, headin down myself after the great north presents her cold fury to the southern region.....
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Gorgeous walleye, Daner. Congrat's.

Could have been more, if it weren't for the cursed banana. :lol:

Thanks for the report, TMH; love the Lowrance pic's. Wow, that's something else to see!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Thanks for the responses Hawkers. Banana did not know the curse!!!!
By the way, all the fish had zip in their belly!!!
Daner
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
steadyj_17
Participant
Participant

Post by steadyj_17 »

come on now boys no report of the fine work done by steadyj wednesday night !!!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Took a buddy of mine out on thursday and it was a good bit choppy ti'll noon for sure. Fishin' was mint thru the morning though and then when things calmed down come afternoon, so did the bite. Not bad results for us, we went 9 for 10.

Really enjoying Quinte this year too. 8) 5 days with mixed crews = 56/64 (29 eyes) :D
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

awesome fish
looks like you guys had a great trip
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

GR8 Report guys ... Awesome fish Daner.
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Nice to see ya finally got down TMH.....

You did pick a tougher time to go down it appears.....some of the guides really struggled to put alot together during that time period.....though some nice big fish were landed!

One thing I'd suggest.....bottom out on your lower end of your sonar at 60 feet.....no need to drive yourself nuts looking at that going on down below..... :lol:

RJ
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

RJ wrote:Nice to see ya finally got down TMH.....

You did pick a tougher time to go down it appears.....some of the guides really struggled to put alot together during that time period.....though some nice big fish were landed!

One thing I'd suggest.....bottom out on your lower end of your sonar at 60 feet.....no need to drive yourself nuts looking at that going on down below..... :lol:

RJ
Thanks RJ.....just out of curiousity, are those Walleye down in the 80 - 100' column or are they Trout??

Hopefully I'll be heading down a few more times before putting the boat away..
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
RJ wrote:Nice to see ya finally got down TMH.....

RJ
Thanks RJ.....just out of curiousity, are those Walleye down in the 80 - 100' column or are they Trout??

Hopefully I'll be heading down a few more times before putting the boat away..
A few guys have told me the deep fish are schools of whitefish, but I don't know for sure.

JimW
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I'm not 100% sure but I'd wager they aren't walleye.....I've also been told Whitefish.....which I'd tend to believe because I know guys who have dropped riggers right through them and not picked anything up....that would support the Whitefish argument...

The only question I have if they are Whitefish....where do they go? With the number of guys ice fishing you'd think we'd see a pile of whitefish caught......but we don't.

RJ