Good eatin' crappies

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DV_8
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Good eatin' crappies

Post by DV_8 »

Hello Everyone.

A friend of mine just asked me if there is any good spots around Ottawa that someone could go and easily catch some crappies. She likes to eat these babies and would like to get a snack of em'. Thanks in advance for your info. Cheers! :D
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

The only crappie I've caught was that night on Constance Lake mixed in with the sunfish.
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Good luck!

Post by Cancatchbass »

Good luck to you! :lol:

Crappie at this time of year are harder to find than muskie in most waters. Come the summer, they seem to disappear off the face of the earth. :cry:

CCB
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I agree CCB. I've always wondered where they go??
FireFox
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FireFox »

I cant tell you where to find them DV_8, but just as an aside to CCB and Marcus' comments - I did manage to catch the largest black crappie Ive ever seen alive last week while fishing the weeds for largemouth on Mississippi. It hit a 5 inch Bass Assassin lure, and man was I surprised to see that it would attack such a lure, and even more so that I managed to get the hook into the fish.

Fox