Bob Izumi rods

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Junior24
Participant
Participant

Bob Izumi rods

Post by Junior24 »

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the Bob Izumi rods. I am thinking of getting one to replace the Berkley I broke.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I have a 10.5 foot bob izumi noodle rod. I borrowed Jammers last yeear and landed a big bow with it. I owned one the very next day. Of all my rods, it's my favorite.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

I have a 6'5" medium action BOB ROD.

It's the rod I often choose when I'm going somewhere where only one rod will be accompanying me. It lands fish and stands up to my pounding it. I often use it on float tube outings and several times when snagged in current it has supported my weight long enough for me to kick myself back upstream (while reeling in) to get unsnagged.

The BOB rods are great for the price and nice to fish with. :)
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

I have two signature series Bob Rods (one spinning and one casting). I like them both and they perform well. IMO they are a good rod for the money, but for a few bucks more I prefer Fenwick HMX rods.

Karack
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

For the money Bob Izumi rods are great. I have 3 of them.

I find the rods very light but still strong. Typically with cheaper rods, they are heavy (in weight). When fishing for 8 or 9 hours, this makes a big difference.

Cheers,

Mike
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Izumi rods

Post by jammer »

U couldn't pry my Izumi 12'6" noodle rod out of my cold dead hands!!!! I think that sums it up..