Vexilar

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vexilar

Post by JimW »

Well my FL-8 Vex doesn't seem to be working, does not turn on and battery is charged. So I am looking to buy a new flasher for this winter. One company sells just the head units so I can use my existing transducer and Genz pack and save some money.

I am considering getting an FL-12 to replace my fl-8. Just wondering if anyone has any experience/comments on the fl-12?

thanks,

JimW
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Ask RJ about it , he's a Vex Pro-staff so he might've played with one already.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

The main difference between the FL-20 and 12 is the zoom feature Jim.

How do you know your battery is charged?
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

RJ,

I have 2 batteries and have had them both on my charger and the indicator light on the charger indicates fully charged.

I can't find my volt meter, so I will test the batteries at school on Monday to see if they are actually charged and what voltage they have. I am also going to test to make sure the battery wires do not have a bad connection.

If my FL8 does not work I think I will get the FL12 and send my FL8 away to be fixed if possible and then keep it as a back up unit.

JimW
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

I had a simular problem with one of my vex's a while back! turned out it was just a bad connection! The wire looked fine and the insulation was in good shape but the wire inside was broken! Also check the connections at the back of the unit and clean them up if necesary
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

getnjiggywithit wrote:I had a simular problem with one of my vex's a while back! turned out it was just a bad connection! The wire looked fine and the insulation was in good shape but the wire inside was broken! Also check the connections at the back of the unit and clean them up if necesary
thanks for the tips.

Jim