Ottawa River levels are up...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Ottawa River levels are up...

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Hi All,

Just a word of warning that the Ottawa River levels are up for this time of year.

Check out http://www.ottawariver.ca for updates.
This message is issued on July 14, 2004 at 11 a.m.
by the Ottawa River Regulating Committee.

As a result of significant rainfall over the northern part of the Ottawa River basin last week, levels all along the Ottawa River have increased to above normal values for this time of year. More heavy rain is forecast over the next two days, therefore water levels may continue to rise over the next week. Officials of the Ottawa River Regulating Committee would therefore like to alert residents along the river, particularly those that have wharfs, docks and boats, of the possibility of further increases in water level. The Committee would also like to remind boaters and water enthusiasts of the dangers of higher than normal flows for this time of year and to exercise caution on the river.
Cheers,

Mike
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

That just may be the extra 6 inches between me cruisng the flats or ripping off my lower unit. :D

Any thoughts on how it may affect the fish?

thanks ProBassin

M.T. Livewell
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Smitty »

Heavy rain usually means dirty water...so I would say - use lures with lots of sound - anything with rattles should be the call for the day....good fishing
Sam
Big Bass Boy
Participant
Participant

Post by Big Bass Boy »

LET IT RAIN :lol: NOW I CAN PARK MY BOAT REALLY FAR ON SHORE :lol:
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Oh are the levels ever high! I was doing some wading at my cottage and where the water is usually just at my ankles, it was up to my hips! It was a shocker at first but with our crazy weather I wasn't surprised.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I will be re-hitting the spots I pounded in the spring....the fish are still there....and now that the cover isn't to the surface...I can get back at em!

RJ