Just a newbie sayin Hi!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Just a newbie sayin Hi!

Post by DaveH »

:mrgreen: Just wanted to say Hi to everyone as I just decided to join the board.

My first impressions here is that you guys seem to be a great family!

I'm just starting out this year fishing, and am looking forward to learning a lot, and I have already learned a ton from lurking around on this board.

Heck, I even printed out the article on rigging Plastics the right way... NOW i understand!! *lol*

Anyway, my Pop and I and my 9-year old half-brother are renting a boat at Petrie this Saturday to try our luck out there for a half-day. I suspect it won't be our last, succesfull or not!

Seaweed, I'll be lookin for you out there *laughs*

Thanks again for having a great board, which is a real resource for newbies -- even though I still don't understand 40% of the lingo y'all use!

Cheers!

Dave
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Welcome to the board Dave and good luck at Petrie.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Thanks!!

Hopefully I'll do better than my 4 inch smallie I caught at Lac La Peche during the free weekend *LOL*
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Dave

Welcome to the board.....do let the Lingo fool you...we don't understand half of it ourselfs :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: I f you have a Questions ....ask away ...someone will have a answer for you...Good Luck at Petrie Island
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Well, actually I do have a question.

Tubes seem to be really popular with a lot of the gang here, and, having never used one, I'm curious about how to "hook" them up...

*groan*

Is it similar to the rigging a weedless worm?
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Dave

the way i learned ....Ed at paddletales tackle in Winchester grabbed a tube and hook and wieght and showed me...better to see it than try to explain it...do you live in Ottawa???...if so John and I will be at Eds tonight...comeon down and join us...get advise from the tubemaster himself....ED :lol: Great place to get alsorts of tips and a great place to meet people!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Where is it exactly? Yep, I'm in Ottawa, south end around Leitrim...

I may not be able to make it tonight, but it will be good to know where it is for future excursions!
Hoser
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoser »

Welcome Dave

Like Big-O says....don't be shy to ask questions. Out of 900 and some odd members, someone will know the answer.

I learned how to splice a transducer and I was about to set my boat on fire with oversized fuses. I think that one came from Big-O as a matter of fact.
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

DaveH

Welcome to the board.

This is how I rig my tubes. I think it is pretty much the most common way.

One dissadvantage is, if you want to switch color, you got to cut your line, switch tube and retie.

The rest of the article is quite interresting. I know I kind of like the one FishHawk and Bobber call the Fat butt Porker.http://fish-hawk.net/tips/tubes/rigging-tube.htm

Good luck, and never hesitate to ask any question. People here are great.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Welcome aboard!....let us know how ya did at Petrie...sharing is caring.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RJ
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Dave H..I can show you any time how to rig a tube....weedless or not and how to change a tube without cutting your line and I will be happy to help!!!

Welcome to the board
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

Canadian Bacon wrote:Dave H..I can show you any time how to rig a tube....weedless or not and how to change a tube without cutting your line and I will be happy to help!!!

Welcome to the board
Hey I want to learn the without cuting the line part too..... Do you use a snap swivel :?:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

No..but it's hard to explain..you have to see it.
It is a very simple thing but it's a visual!
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

welcome

Post by AverageAngler »

Welcome aboard, if you every fish off shore in Ottawa somewhere, give me a PM Ill show u some spots!
Cheers'
--AA--
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Thanks Gents!

Some great info here, I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I'll definitely fill everyone in, successful or not!!