Bass pro shop

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Do you want a local Bass pro shop?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 44

Tussman
Participant
Participant

Post by Tussman »

You know what , that is interesting because I had created that post few days before the SAIL opening.

I went there and now I can change my vote for a big NO .
SAIL has everything you need and it's less than 10 minutes drive from center town .

What a good shop !!!
It's not over until it's over.
IanD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IanD »

A thought that seems to be missing from everyone's replies is warranty claims on merchandise purchased Stateside. Canadian companies are getting tougher on handling products for warranty that were purchased from non-Canadian sources. All of a sudden your private branded reel that has broken has to be returned to the source of purchase, at your expense. Don't even think about the time factor. Box it up, go to the post office, fill out the forms, pay a ridiculous shipping charge and wait, wait, wait. Try buying a pair of boots or a jacket.
now I know there are guys thinking, "Hell, I'll just take it back to Mom & Pops Tackle Shop and say I lost the bill, they will handle it for me." Mom or Pop will most likely politely tell you to go and stick it where the sun don't shine. All of a sudden your great deal isn't.
Before saying that our local shops are over priced, get the real price of buying out of country. UPS will, and excuse the language here, rape you on extra charges after you have taken delivery of your goods. But you have a US shipping address/PO box just over the boarder and all you do is drive down and pick it up? Gas must be free where you live.
I have and will in the future, buy some articles Stateside because after checking with our local shops, they cannot procure for me the product I want/need/must have because it is guaranteed to slay any bass. Surprisingly enough there is very little I cannot buy locally with the exception of a few baits that are make in the garage of a ex surfer dude down in the Delta.
There are local shops that put a lot of U.S. shops to shame with the quality of their products, service while purchasing and the most important, after sales service. They are also highly respected by their Canadian and U.S. suppliers. Big Box stores will never be able to offer the service that these stores do. BB's operate on one principle only, cost/profit. Everything else is a distant cousin.
Support your local shops because if they disappear, we are the losers.
Just my thoughts and opinions and some may not agree with me but heck, we live in a free country with freedom of thought and speech.
Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
The Rod Glove Pro Staff
Paddletales