Get Together

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

LOL RING/ROCK...only thing thats gonna save ya
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SeaMonster »

Dan Smyth wrote:Now what does one buy the girl who bought you a HUMMINBIRD 788 side imaging colour finder for X-Mas last year that will make up for a small oversight?
ANYTHING SHE WANTS.
That one's a keeper.

TEACH ME! SHOW ME THE WAY!
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PerchPredator »

SeaMonster wrote:
Dan Smyth wrote:Now what does one buy the girl who bought you a HUMMINBIRD 788 side imaging colour finder for X-Mas last year that will make up for a small oversight?
ANYTHING SHE WANTS.
That one's a keeper.

TEACH ME! SHOW ME THE WAY!
I agree completely!!! Anything she wants.
And maybe a calendar for yourself so you don't forget next year :roll:
:wink:
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

PerchPredator
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Now what does one buy the girl who bought you a HUMMINBIRD 788 side imaging colour finder for X-Mas last year that will make up for a small oversight?
A bassboat.
Dan Smyth
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dan Smyth »

Great advice Doug. However I am only in a little trouble right now, not suicidal. She is very small but has that French temper thing going for her and I don't think she would see the humour in your plan. Maybe a pink one would work, have to think on that one.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

Bring her to Broadways for her birthday Dinner Dan.....we'll straighten her out :)
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Dan Smyth wrote:She is very small but has that French temper thing going for her and I don't think she would see the humour in your plan.
Dan, are you dating my wife?

If you are, there is no recovery method that I have found to work.

Good luck
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Is anyone traveling through Hell's Corners (Hunt Club and Moodie) to get there and back home tongiht?

If you are and have room for a passenger, let me know

Thanks
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I've got a tournament this spring on our anniversary(again) and I'm fishing it. Nothing like a little romantic hand holding at a weigh-in to set the mood. :roll:

Bring your girlfriend out for a romantic get together with 20 or 30 of your closest friends and she will love you forever. Honest. I know these things.

Unfortunatley, I have a meeting tonight so I must miss the get together.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by highlander »

I'll be there too -- see everyone tonight. I'll be there right on time - looks like it might be tough to get a primo spot with such a big group.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

toobinator wrote:I've got a tournament this spring on our anniversary(again) and I'm fishing it. Nothing like a little romantic hand holding at a weigh-in to set the mood. :roll:

Bring your girlfriend out for a romantic get together with 20 or 30 of your closest friends and she will love you forever. Honest. I know these things.

Unfortunatley, I have a meeting tonight so I must miss the get together.

Ed
... with a divorce lawyer!

:wink:

Craig
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Dan Smyth wrote:I have made a huge error. I mean HUGE!!!
Told the girlfriend last night that I was attending the get together tonight and she gave me a look. You all know THE LOOK.
Apparently today is her birthday. OOPS!!!
Guess I will have to wait til the next get together. Now what does one buy the girl who bought you a HUMMINBIRD 788 side imaging colour finder for X-Mas last year that will make up for a small oversight? Wish me luck.

Happy Holiday
Dan Smyth RIP
Dude theres only one and only thing you can do in this situation. Go buy a ring .... get down on one knee and pop the big question. :roll: I can garanty you that she will use forgeting her birthday against you forver !

lol Good luck man ! 8) :D 8)
|Dore|
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

get down on one knee and pop the big question
I'm guessing "What's for dinner?" isn't going to fly in this instance.... :wink:
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Dan Smyth wrote:I have made a huge error. I mean HUGE!!!
Told the girlfriend last night that I was attending the get together tonight and she gave me a look. You all know THE LOOK.
Apparently today is her birthday. OOPS!!!
Guess I will have to wait til the next get together. Now what does one buy the girl who bought you a HUMMINBIRD 788 side imaging colour finder for X-Mas last year that will make up for a small oversight? Wish me luck.

Happy Holiday
Dan Smyth RIP
Normally I would talk about who wears what clothes and wizzes standing up... but in this particular case... WOW!! You need to stay home and make sure she still likes you!!

After that look she gave you when you said you were going out to Broadway's... I hope you said; "Ahahahaha.... GOT you!! Just joking hon!"

Birthdays... Anniversary... even Valentines day... as much as they might say it doesn't matter to them... IT DOES!! It is a trap... a test... don't fall for it or you will fail!!!

Good luck at home Dan!

Craig
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Great Success!!!

Brian/Plowjock did an amazing job rallying the troops. That waitress was amazing... I'll be going back to see here again...

It was great meeting some of you guys for the first time; Marc the Fisherman, Paul/Twisty, Andy_L... and GREAT to see familiar faces again!!

Congs to RJ on your new title of Emperor For Life of Shimano!

LARGE with the great throw-aways.. Love the ice-fishing bible!!! AND Secret Santa who filled my trunk with LOTS of reasons/excuses to go ice fishing this year!!

What a great community we have here... just a slice of heaven on the information super highway.

Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!!!

I look forward to getting you all out on some QC ice for some Whities!! (That means you Yann, Doug, Ian, Marc, Brian H, Brian W and the waitress...

This sticky is now cast adrift into the ebb and flow and surge of Fish-Hawk threads...

Craig