In between season behaviors

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

In between season behaviors

Post by baz fish »

Is it just me. But for a while now Im been feeling like cranky and not on a to good mood lately and its allways happen in between transition when we cant go fishing like the last week or so before the ice freeze over and the same sometime happen when its the tranzition between ice and open water. Im feeling like that every year during these time. is there some of you guy ho had these same feeling.
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

I don't want to talk about it :evil:
Wishing I was fishing
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

Yah Baz, im the same way, I get a little ugly if I havn't been fishing in a week or 2. A bad case of ENS, empty net syndrome :lol: :lol:
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

ironic

Post by Big Jim »

Hey Nip's, I love you little blurb at the bottom about my undersize musky eating your bass...

Years ago I had a family on the Rideau River for a days guiding and later in the day the wife hooks about 4-5 largies in row in the 3-5 pound class in 20 minutes...her husband starts on her as all these bass came on fairly large musky lures and he was riding her butt something fierce about how a musky would kill all the bass if they were around ...he then hooks a baby lunge about 18 inches long ...and out of the blue here comes a well over 5 pound smallie and absolutley drills this little lunge broadside...shakes the crap out of it and splits all in about 2 seconds flat...needless to say it was a long rest of the day in the boat...she rode him something fierce and they both tried to get me on their side.

Almost ice time...

BIG JIM
S.M.05
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by S.M.05 »

Great story about that bass Big Jim. :lol:
Im in a better mood already.

Yeah I get cranky in between seasons. Although short for me, it still feels like forever. :x
Some times I look back at my own replies on here during the off season and I'm like what the? :x :x

Working like a mad man through the weekends is not helping :x :x :x

Ok think about the bass story, think about the bass story. :oops: :oops:
Ahhhhhhh :)
The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

How can I put this... ? Mmmm... well... two out three of my kids birthdays are about 9 months from now.

Colour it in as you like.

Craig
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

cprince wrote:How can I put this... ? Mmmm... well... two out three of my kids birthdays are about 9 months from now.

Colour it in as you like.

Craig
So you really don't ice fish huh!!! 8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

How can I put this... ? Mmmm... well... two out three of my kids birthdays are about 9 months from now.
Your mailman doesn't like hockey or football?

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

marcthefisherman wrote:I don't want to talk about it :evil:
LOL
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

This is the best to to.

bring your reels in. get em fix or fix them yourself.

get ready for ice.

respool all reels make tip ups. tune auger .

find ways to make the best of your time on the ice.

organization.

im building some custom tip-downs for my ice fishing rods.

nothing to get grumpy about. go in da garage and find something to do that is fishing related.

once the ice is safe.... youl be ready for action.

:D :D :D
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

I usually map out the lakes and species I want to target in a couple of weeks. Books and the Internet can be very helpful and by the time that's all done it's usualy time to go out fishing. Do something fishing related :D
|Dore|
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Really?

I've been busy putting rods away, removing mono from reels, and turning my Power Pro around on my reels.

I've cleaned my reels and backed off the drags. I've got out the Hot Sauce and Hot Butter and have sauced and buttered my reels. I need to get a guide replaced on a rod.

I've sat down and reflected on my season....success and failure. What worked and what didn't. I've been deciding what plastics get replaced and what I let run out and not replace. I been researching new tactics for next year.

My skis are ready for skiing season Image

Ice fishing.........well.........don't do it much. My favorite was lakers. Buggers would darn near take the rod out of your hand on the strike, and they always made great dinner guests.

Drop
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

The only "in between" of my season is Monday to Friday. :D :D :D

Snapped this photo with the 'berry on Saturday of the "masked bandit" at 50 mph.

The mist from the boat was freezing as it dropped to the water behind us. It didn't bother me as it was only my second trip on the water since my hunting season started mid-September. It was great to be out washing lures. Although the game plan didn't come together, we did see what the French would call "un ours" on the dock upon our return in the late afternoon. I couldn't manage a photo as we were "caught in the moment".

Going to have to make a come back in the fishing game.......perhaps on the ice this coming weekend.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Ya don't realize how the summer sun and fun keeps the dull winter blues at bay. Around this time of year I stock on an extra 10 pounds of insulation, sit down at the computer and lift my head late February to go chase walleye. :lol:

Between the coming days of ice fishing and work... I have two bigger fishing projects to get started on, and trip planning for 2011.

Reel cleaning, hook sharpening, sorting and all that is usually a full day event in the spring...

See yas on the ice gang. :D
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

This time of the year is for the Birds in my back yard.. 8) 8)