Advice on Used Boat

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Good deal?

Better at $500 off?
25%
Better at $1000 off?
75%

Total votes: 8

Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Advice on Used Boat

Post by Cracker »

What does everyone think of this deal:

1990 16' Lund aluminum
1989 40hp Johnson
Side console
Foot controlled electric trolling motor on bow
3 ped seats
Livewell
Lowrance fishfinder.
tarp
Bimini(sp?) cover
Shorelandr trailer (looks like it needs new bunks)

Asking price $5900

Thanks for any and all input!!! :)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Looks very reasonable to me Cracker....Put a floor in it if there isn't one...cheap and the best thing you can do to an aluminum for comfort....

Does this mean more points for Team 1!...if it does...just buy it!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

RJ
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

There is already a floor in it.... and lots of storage. I'm hoping the boat will make me a better angler.... the foor-leaf clover sure isn't working!
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Advice

Post by JP »

Since I have had a couple boats in my time, and a couple of lemons :cry: , I would recomend taking it to a good marine mechanic to go over the engine and eletronics. Even though it looks and runs well at first glance, It doesn't take much to wreck ur day when she stalls or sputters. I had a rebuild 1990, 90hp evinrude and it was nothing but trouble. I thought that it was a great deal because it had been rebuilt, but boy was I wrong.
If the person selling the boat is the original owner, then ask for a history and make sure that it was winterized every year and lower unit oil was chainged anually. With the floor, make sure there are no soft or spungy spots-this could lead to a replacement sooner than later.
Otherwise lwt ur gut tell u if it is a good deal or not and make sure that when u sit behind the wheel, u picture urself in it.
Hope this helps and good luck.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!