Fishing report( scugog and GB)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fishing report( scugog and GB)

Post by Johnny Bass »

Went fishing late afternoon at Scugog. Was raining so we fished from shore. Stayed a few hours. Caught nothing but LM BASS. Nothing over 2 pounds. My friend caught 1 close to 3#. Then I went fishing in georgian bay. gOT THERE AT 2:30 pm. Windy as heck. Tried shallow for a half hour got nothing. SO we nt to a pickeral pattern. My buddy caught only 1 Pickeral. 3# and that was it. Also caught a 15 inch smallie on a spinner bait,9 inch Perch on a spinner bait, a 1/2 pound pike on a spinner bait and a 24 Inch Pike on a husky jerk.Around 7:30 decided to go shallow, drift was realy fast so we put the anchor out to slow us down. Nothing. I only had a 5# pike took a swipe at my lure and missed. I was using an extra long trailer on my spinner bait to attract bigger fish :x . Slowest day I have had yet . But we were fishing deep most of the time. Also I am trying to use my baitcaster more and threw it all day. I know if I was using my Spinning reel I would have caught more fish. 1)because thinner line 2) because I can cast farther and 3) because I can roll the bait a lot slower with my spinning reel for times when the fish aren't active. But I do like the feel of a baitcaster when you are horsing it but dont like the way it reels. Doesn't pull slack line in fast enough.Also I hurt my shoulder working out and casting the baitcaster all day really did a number on my shoulder. But I am still ready to go fishing again anyways :D Cant wait to hook a musky on that baitcaster ;)
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:wink: Thats why I stick to my spinning reel for casting. Sounds like a good effort anyway. some days its just tough to catch them..

Post by Guest »

hey man I do not think there is pike in the Gog' , think you did catch musky. Any pics?
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Johnny Bass »

Hey crazy hook. if you reread the post you will see I hooked the pike at georgian bay. I dont take pics of puny fish. But I do have some really nice pickeral to show you guys as soon as the roll is done :) Believe it or not. When casting I think that baitcasters lower your catching persentage. As does heavy line. No mattter what anyone says.