Barometric pressure and fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Barometric pressure and fishing

Post by bobfly »

What do any of you think about falling pressure and fishing? Many times like today, I catch nothing when the barometric pressure is falling. No problem when it is steady or even raining, just before.
bobfly
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D everyone pretty much believes it affects the fishing. I have been out on days with east winds and falling pressure and still filled the cooler.. so its hard to say what combo makes the bite turn off. But I believe it is a factor.
Hoser
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoser »

I have found on occasion the fish go into a feeding frenzy as the bp starts to drop, then shut down completely. Some of my best fishing is just before the weather gets ugly.
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

i Agree

Post by AverageAngler »

The best fishing I ever get is before a large drop! Hit the lake if the storms moving in! Good Luck!
Cheers'
--AA--
Hoser wrote:I have found on occasion the fish go into a feeding frenzy as the bp starts to drop, then shut down completely. Some of my best fishing is just before the weather gets ugly.
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bobfly »

Thanks for the comments. Well, I made up for this morning's skunk at the headpond (Arnprior) and caught some acrobatic large mouth and several crappies at Appleton on the Mississippi. It was raining when I arrived at 6PM but settled down to a nice calm and action was great. I think the BP was going up at the time. Most caught on white wooley bugger variations that I tie myself.
bobfly