ice fishing combo

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

ice fishing combo

Post by tbone1088 »

Anyone have a good ice rod/reel combo they can suggest to me for between 20 and 30 dollars? CT and lebaron have a whole bunch, and its tough to choose which I will need. This rod will be almost exclusively used in a heated trailer, so all the sensitivity features in the cold are not important. It will be a jigging rod as well, mostly lindy darters and pimples etc.
Also, I have a couple ultralight reels that are not in use, would I be able to use them for icefishing walleyes/pike?
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Try Sail outdoors store.
They have combos from $11-$35

Mark
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Stop by and see Gord at Bits and Baits in Stittsville... I'm sure he can help you choose one in that price range... he probably has some baits to recommend that will bring more fish on to the floor of the shack :wink:

give him a shout 613-831-9799
let the slay commence
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

...thanks for the plug JimmyBuffett.... :wink:

I have a good selection here.....and yes, you can use your UL reels for ice fishing. I've got St Croix Premier rods in stock in various lengths and actions....$28.99+tx each.....plus, if you mention you're a Fish-Hawk member.....you get 10% off. :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JZ »

most of the $20-$30 combos are trash however some of the $40-$60 are great and will last for years. CT has some of the $59 HT combos on sale for $29 until friday, 6bb reel, great deal.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

jz are these sales posted online somewhere? I dont want to go all the way to one store to find out the sale is only at certain locations
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Go to canadiantire.ca, click on weekly flyer, enter your postal code and see what they have.