cold day at petrie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
troll
Participant
Participant

cold day at petrie

Post by troll »

it was a pretty windy day and with the cold temp the outside holes were a real nuasance .The fish were there but not very aggresive .Iwas able to attract the fish but enticeing a bite was another story.The more things I tried the less interested they were.Thanks to my flasher I was able to figure out less equals more sometimes.Once attracting a fish it was time to do very little just enough to see my bait an the fish come together hold very still an wait for a take.The bite was very lite an setting the hook had to be pretty quick,but the trick was to let the fish come to me an just be very patient.Not that I caught anything to brag about 2 perch an 1- 14 inch eye.Point is I had to watch these fish glued to my bait and if I move the bait they would leave. without my flasher I would of been clueless to these fish even being there and my day would of been a bust.
Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mr Twister »

Can`t say you didn`t try :wink:

Pauly
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Good job dude ! Was pretty cold yesterday with the wind ! You're a trooper !
|Dore|
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

It was pretty cold out there yesterday with the 20km+ winds... was actually going to stay home but all the gear seemed to naturally gravitate towards the car... Made it out and put a good slay on them. What time were you out on WB?

When in doubt cause of the weather, go out fishing anyways! :lol:
troll
Participant
Participant

Post by troll »

I was out there late morning just north of a black popout I went out in the blue focus.Glad to here you found a hot spot .Like I said my initial intent an mindset was to fish aggresive and it just took me a long time to work it out.unfortunately yelling bite dammit did not work so I took the time to listen to the fish instead of the other way around.I packed up around 5.