Charleston Lake in August

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ontariodreaming
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ontariodreaming »

Thanks everyone for the great info. It sounds like a can navigate from Red Horse through the rapids.

I am originally from PA but I live in Southern MD. Potomac provides good fishing opportunities here or you could go down river in search of stripers. I joined under a different name a couple months ago but never recieved the activation e-mail.

When I saw PSU's post I thought it was a hoot that two PA boys were coming to charleston area during the same time. Little over one month to go and I am driving my wife nuts getting equipment together. Going to have to take her somewhere to make up for this.. Thanks again.
Last edited by ontariodreaming on Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ontariodreaming
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Wolfe,

When did she graduate from PSU? 87 here... Getting old...
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Ontariodreaming,

I'm the "she" part of the marriage! ("She-wolfe"! :wink: )

My husband graduated in '90. He landed his 1st position in Syracuse, which pleased me immensely, as it put us under 2 hrs from the Canadian border!

What was your major at PSU?

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
ontariodreaming
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Sorry... :oops: Tired.... I graduated with an Accounting and MIS degrees. I was accepted by Syracuse but decided to stay in state. My mother in-law lives outside Baltimore.
psufishing
Participant
Participant

Post by psufishing »

Sorry for not getting back until now, ganman have you or anyone else had much luck o Long Lake? Can anyone suggest a few good places on Charleston other than near Outlet, to catch some largemouth and pike? From what I've read, the scholls around Big Water seems like a good place for smallies. Am I correct?

I'm an 95 Penn State HHD grad but working for the college of communications. my job has me traveling all over the country. Maybe I can write off a few of these fishing trips?
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

gANMAN, wHAT IS THE HUNTING INCIDENT????? JUST CURIOUS

BASSSTALKER
psufishing
Participant
Participant

Post by psufishing »

I was wondering the same thing? Is he still up there?

Like I said, good old Wolfgang was nice to us 20 years ago, but he may not remember us if we happen to run into him.

I too witnessed him and his lady friend swimming in the lake au natural. Maybe he scared the fish away?
psufishing
Participant
Participant

Post by psufishing »

I have to add one more little thing, Did I tell you all how excited I am for August. I would never wish time away but I sure hope it goes quickly until the 19th.
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Wolf

Post by Cancatchbass »

I just talked to a friend of mine who lives near the lake and apparently Wolf no longer considers himself Guardian of the Lake. :lol:

Should be no problem fishing the lake, but I haven't heard any recent reports about how it's producing.

CCB (not part of the Lansdowne militia. :lol: )
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

SO what happened???
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Apparently the Anti's ran around the woods during deer hunting one year blaring on loudspeakers, scenting the bush, banging pots and pans etc....being regular a-holes. Apparently one felled a tree, blocking a deadend road to keep hunters out but some hunters were trapped behind the tree as evening descended. One of the hunters visibly pee pee at being held up mopped the ground with the guy. At one point he had both hands on his beard swinging him around like a maypole. Much of this is second and third hand...but something did happen. My father knows all about i'll ask him sometime.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

All right Ganman I want to hear part 2 of this story :lol:

BASSSTALKER