Silver Lake, Port Dover - July 18th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Silver Lake, Port Dover - July 18th

Post by BBRich »

Fished Silver Lake yesterday afternoon for a few hours, and fishing was slow, but we did manage a few small bass and quite a few rock bass. The first thing I did was flip a tube which picked up a 12 incher almost immediately, but after that the bite was nearly dead for an hour. For the heck of it, my buddy Eric put on a buzzbait and had 3 hits in a row! So we figured out it was a topwater bite. I put on a Zara Spook and started fishing the deeper edges of a fallen tree when out came a nice 2.5lber with an awesome hit!

That one was the biggest of the day although we did get a few more small ones afterwards. Also caught some feisty rock bass on Jitterbugs/buzzbaits which hit harder than most of the bass! All in all it was a great afternoon, I look forward to getting out there a few more times before the season ends.

If anyone is ever in the area (Port Dover) and wants to join me, just drop me a PM.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Nice fish Rich. Has anyone been fishing the dam in town? Are there any cats in there to be caught?
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

People have been fishing the dam but mostly sheephead are being caught. A few small perch and bullheads but not many channel cats. I got a channel cat spot further upriver I might check out tonight or tomorrow, last time I was there my girlfriend lost one that was easily over 10lbs.