Quick silly question

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Quick silly question

Post by DaveH »

I am no where near my Ontario Fishing reg's guide so I have a quick question.

I thought I read somewhere in there that you can't fish with more than one rod and reel combo... does that mean you can't fish them simultaneously, or that you can't bring em out..

Or, as is most likely, am I dreaming things up altogether?
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

It means you can't have two rods out in the water at any one time. I sometimes have as many as 6+ rods in the boat with me.

Now it is legal to fish with two rods in some areas but those are very limited.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Ah ok great...

I was thinking about picking up a second rig, considering I don't know what to use and when, it would be easier to switch things around a bit *laughs*

Cheers
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

One of the gentlemen I fished with in North Bay was a pro out of Georgia. He had 32 rods rigged and ready to go in his boat. All tipped with something different. And I bet he used at least half of them while we were out on the water in a 4 hour period.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Markus wrote:One of the gentlemen I fished with in North Bay was a pro out of Georgia. He had 32 rods rigged and ready to go in his boat. All tipped with something different.
Jeff Foxworthy said it best - "You can't give Red Necks money..."

(And YES, I AM jealous!) :evil: :evil:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

While on open water like John said only 1 line in the water,if you r from shore and your partner leaves to go to the car or store or wherever you must pull the line in or a unattended line can be the fine :shock: But on the ice in Ont you can have 2 lines in the water and 5 in Quebec.

But by all means have 50 rods in the boat :lol: :lol: :lol: easier than retyin every condition or coulor change :D

T.L The birthday boy.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Yep, I can just see the reaction from my wife when I bring home 25 new rods and reels... uh huh. *laughs*

But I think I will get at least a second one, as in my earlier threads I have an Ugly Stick and a Shimano SIdestab 4000 right now, maybe I'll get something a little stiffer and a baitcast reel (never tried one!)