Polarized sunglasses

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Thanks for the input. I have owned many pairs of polarized glasses, and the only ones I haven't lost are the cheap ones. (you can leave 10$ glasses on someones boat... or loose them out your truck window...and the guy behind will follow you down and at your next pitstop you'll hear "hey buddy, you dropped these"... :shock: :lol: ) So currently I've got about 6 pairs of scratchy, bendy glasses, and I'll probably just go and get another of the same.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Colour of lenses

Post by JP »

If u are looking to get a pair of polarized glasses, think about what and when u fish. There are 2 basic colours of lenses avaliable on the market in canada, Amber and Smoke. Now each company has there own colour of these and they very a fair bit from one to another, but each colour has its own purpose.
Amber lenses are great for overcast lower light conditions because they light up the surroundings. On a bluebird, clear sunny day, I find my eyes are tired because they are strained to filter out excess white light.
Smoke lenses very in colour from grey-blue. On a clear day, I find them perfect, but they block out to much light at dusk and dawn to be as effective as the amber.
Anyway, I have both and am glad I do.
Hope this helps
see u on the water
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!