Truck through ice in Wendover

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
the walleye hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Truck through ice in Wendover

Post by the walleye hunter »

Hi everyone, just wanted to mention that a truck went through the ice in front of the docks in Wendover on Sunday. They pulled it out last evening.
Apparently the guys were told not to go there but went anyways. This is always a dangerous spot. Lucky for them they got out of the sunroof, or else.....

BE CAREFULL, IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE AREA, DON'T GO!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

i think its the 4t truck that go true right there in a 30 foot square area.

:? .

i rember last time i past right beside the hole...and i went.. :shock: ..i was like 20 feet frome it in my truck....hey walyboss. :lol:

joco
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I know the exact spot, I am not sure why that spot is like that there must be some underwater source or something, but almost every year one guy goes thru in that spot would be an idea to put a barrier around that spot.!! I was told the first time I was out icefishing with Walleye Hunter about that spot and if somebody doesn't know it is very easy to get in trouble, whenever you go on the ice from the Free boat launch in Wendover and you want to go towards the Nation please follow the vehicle tracks. that spot is about 20-30 feet from the tracks and doesn't look threatening at all. That's why everytime you go fishing a new area it's always nice to talk with a local.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
the walleye hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by the walleye hunter »

Actually this time it's right in front of the docks. The spot Wallyboss and Joco are talking about is 75 to 100 yards to the right.
In front of the docks where there is always current. Probably 75 feet in front of the left dock...
i'm sure someone will post pictures eventually as there was a major crowd last night...
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

the walleye hunter wrote:Actually this time it's right in front of the docks. The spot Wallyboss and Joco are talking about is 75 to 100 yards to the right.
In front of the docks where there is always current. Probably 75 feet in front of the left dock...
i'm sure someone will post pictures eventually as there was a major crowd last night...
Is that the same place that the guy from the valley lost his life last year pulling shacks off the ice... I think it was late Feb or early March...

Craig
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

CPrince that was at Petrie that the guy drowned.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

the walleye hunter wrote:Actually this time it's right in front of the docks. The spot Wallyboss and Joco are talking about is 75 to 100 yards to the right.
I know the spot well as I've trolled over it 1000 times, there is something there, not sure what but it holds baitfish like crazy.....nice walleye spot from a boat...not much so on ice..
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Discharge pipe?
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
tankmat
Participant
Participant

not a good parking spot

Post by tankmat »

i saw a picture of the truck on facebook,
ill put the link to the picture if you want and can see it.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7 ... =614725114

mat.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

A friend of mine that works at Commercial tire was out there at his shack, when this happend, the guy in the truck shot by his shack doing about 50 plus miles an hour, then headed for the boat ramp,driving that fast creates a wave of water under the ice, the wave hit the shore and bounced back creating a crack the truck hit the crack and down he went, apperantly the guy had a few and was charged(so my buddy was told) .....when driving on ice take it slow 8)
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

Whadda ya know! not only mcbay quebecers go threw the ice! :lol:
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

drinking? doing 80 kms on the ice? charged for drinking and driving??

winner of the village idiot 2011 right there!! :shock: :shock: :?: :?:
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Someone post a picture for educational purposes. 8)
voltom9
Participant
Participant

Post by voltom9 »

thanks for the heads up