Big Pike

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FowlDawg
Participant
Participant

Big Pike

Post by FowlDawg »

I've been doing alright for numbers this ice season, but I've yet to hook into anything with any fight in it. I was wondering if any of you guys might have tips and spots for me to try (next Sunday morning) for big pike. I'm thinking the Ottawa river around with an hours drive of Orleans. I have a snowmobile so i don't mind making a bit of a trek to get to a good spot. again I'm not really looking for numbers but I'd love to hook into large pike. Any advise would awesome.
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes;
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more
- Lord Byron
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Definitly not one hour downriver from Orleans, the more you head this way the fewer the pike. Still some 34-36 inch or 10 lbs class pike but there are more and probably bigger ones west of Ottawa. I remember even Constance lake known for numbers always putting out a few 14-15 lb pike every year.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

FowlDawg its too early yet but if you go along the shoreline from Innes pt. at Shirleys Bay towards the lagoon in shallow water with large dead bait on quick strike rigs ......... :))

ps There must be areas East of town in spawning areas that would work as well