Bob's and Crow Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Bob's and Crow Lake

Post by ganman »

Okay I'll try this again. I heading up to Crow Lake Saturday to spend a week. I was wondering a couple things. Can you get from Crow into Bob's and what are the general patterns. Are largemouth in the pads, deep weeds etc.? What are the walleyes biting on and how deep? I've fished Bob's once at the east end this spring but I'm pretty familiar with the lake after studying a lake map.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Alls I know is my buddy caught two lakers two w/e's ago in about 70 feet of water using a white jig and trolling really slow in his float tube. That was on Crowe Lake.

I got lost but then found up that way once or twice too.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

ganman,

Recalled your earlier post (now sited on pg 2 of this forum) and believe Gorfman007 was going to send you a PM. Did you get it? If not, why not PM him. He has a summer place on Bob's Lake, and I think he might have some suggestions for you.

Good luck & have fun. I fished Bob's Lake a few times several years ago while staying at Nordlaw Lodge (nice place). It's a biggie, and I never got well acquainted with it. I did get my best largemouth ever in a back bay with a hula popper. I hope you score, too...

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Best bet is to drop Gorfman a PM,he has a cottage on Bob's and is there quite often.Thinkin that would be your best bet for info :D

T.L F.F
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

I did pm you and left you my cell phone number. Yes you can get from one lake to the other through a very narrow passage. It has a lot of old pillars the water level has dropped recently . You should take care when going through there. I also have some maps with location of types of fish

If you have the same maps as I do, fish the Buck Bay area at the top end for bass also Mill Bay is good with top water lures the water is super clear (Mill Bay)there and you can actually see the bass going for your lure. It is a very stumpy area but I went in there with a pontoon boat and managed to hit a lot of the spots.

When you get to Crow give me a call I will pm you and leave you with my cell phone number. There is a lot of good spots around the area where I'm located it will save you gas money.If you don't get the pm come see me at the Sunset Country camp ground off of Green Bay road.
Life goes on
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

I apologize for doing this in sections but i can't seem to type more length that what i am doing now.

If you fished the east end you must have fishied around Nordlaw Lodge there is a shoal there just east of the lodge and good success there.
Also up around the dam area.

Green Bay is the only place where you can fish for trout in the west basis. IT HAS DEEP HOLES UP TO 100 FEET. IF YOU FISH THE FAR END AGAIN YOU WILL HIT SOME BASS AND PIKE SPOTS. VERY ROCKY SHOALS THAT COME UP REAL QUICK ON YOU FROM DEEP WATER IN THIS AREA. Never fished for trout so I can't help you there.

Stick baits, buzz baits spinner baits with willow and colorado combo work well in all above areas. Frogs are supposed to be real good but never fished with them. I always add 3 to 4 inch plastic grub in yellow, white or chartreuse. These a coulours that worked for me other may do so as well.

Fish the shoals (they are marked with white markers). Cast toward shore or the shoals retrieve slowly letting your offering follow the structure. If you're having a dog day. Go ultra light 1/8/ 1/16 1/32 with worm(real). Fish the small bays also, you'll get a lot of rock bass and perch and sunfish but you will nail the big one also. I have yet to be skunked on that lake. You will also find a lot of shallow weedy areas believe me there are fish in there.

I caught bass trolling erie dearies (Yellow and chartreuse and white e), spinners black fury, blue fox. Also the Big O ( the lure) works really well there in white. I will leave you my cell phone number if you need additional info I'll be there from this Thursday to Monday then again from the next Thursday to the Monday after. Good Luck and Tight lines :D
Life goes on
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

As far as the walleye are concerned, The erie dearie with a worm on trolled very slowly will work well. The blue fox spinner as is caught two walleye last week at dusk 4 pounds and 4.3 pounds. Most of the walleye caught in my area is in a large weed bed in 12 feet of water. I caught mine mostly in the evening. There is another area that is rocky close to deep water and near the same weedbed that is supposed to hold walleye but no luck there yet.

On the north side of the west basin near the camground heading towards Buck Bay there is a great shoal there that holds pike and walleye. Again evening fishing, slow troll in 10 to 20 feet of water same types of lures as mentioned above should cause you to boat some fish.

I would certainly bring some minnows along also .I am convinced that on a few occasion I would have had more success with them than with the worms. I have never tried leeches in this lake..
Life goes on
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

ganman -

Check your private messages. Just sent you one on behalf of Gorfman.

Told you Gorf would be chock full o' info for you. He's an A-OK dude. :wink:

W.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Thanks Wolfe.....I got Gorf's PM today. Wow lots of info I just got back from fishing tonite and there's alot here to read. I'm staying at Campbells in Crow Lake village. I can't wait to give Bob's a try for bass. I know most people head there for walleyes. When I was there in the spring I marked a tremendous number of fish that turned out to be huge bluegills......are big bluegills that common. Only other lake I've seen bluegills that big was next door on Wolfe.

Thanks again Gorf
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

ganman,

There have been sunfish & bluegills that my kids (and we grown-ups!) have caught out of Wolfe Lake that I must thumb hold (in the mouth) as I cannot get my hand around their girth! :lol: I call them "dinner plates"! Boy do they put up a fun fight on ultralight tackle!

W.