Million Dollar Fantasy Fishing weekend

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Million Dollar Fantasy Fishing weekend

Post by saskie »

OK - so I'm sitting here, my last day at work before my vacation watching the time crawl by. I'm sure some of you have seen the new Molson promotion: 1 weekend, 10 friends, learjet and 100K to spend and at the end of the weekend you can't have anything to show for it. Naturally, if I won I'd skip the jet-setting and use it for fishing, and I'm sure most others would do the same. The question is, where would you go, and what would you target?

Assuming you board your plane (learjet) at 6pm Friday, and it has to be back by 11:59pm Sunday. Would you fish one fantasy spot, a few or try and dip a line in as many spots as you can across N America?

Remember to allow some reasonable travel time, and you do have to sleep some in a weekend.
wishin I was Fishin
Participant
Participant

Post by wishin I was Fishin »

I would fish one spot....the Sutton River. I have never been but it is a goal of mine to go someday and fish where they say 5lb speckles are common....Maybe next year! Have a good holiday.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I'd like to wet a line in CCB's aquarium. :lol:
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Timen - Siberia Russia

Post by Seaweed »

This would be so cool!

I remember watching a Bob Izumi show where he went to Russia in search of a fish he called the "Timen". He described it as a Salmon/Muskie hybrid that grew to awesome sizes.

He had to fly way in to remote areas in search of this fish and in a shot from the chopper you acutally get a quick glimpse of these creatures. They looked like sturgeon lightly grouped below a waterfall waiting on lunch. By the time Izumi got to the location though none were to be found and I think he ran out of time or money or both because no fish were caught.

This is where I would go if I had the opportunity to hit an exotic spot for fishing. It is my goal to someday get up there and see if I can't at least get a hook into one of these just for braggin rights. I think that 100 thousand dollars would help me do that nicely.

At the same time maybe I will check with that new member we have from Russia and see what kind of fun I could have while over there. That would be my fishing fantasy.
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Hmmmm....

Post by Cancatchbass »

Methinks I'd head to the Amazon. I'd love to tangle with those peacocks on topwaters! Maybe someday.

Markus- with regards to my aquarium- it brings up an interesting point. I just happen to have a school of crappie in it now. As far as I know, there is no law against fishing in your aquarium. S-O-O-O, If I were to catch a limit of crappie from my aquarium, could they be entered in the derby? I'd catch them on rod and reel, using tubes...

CCB- can't find any crappie elsewhere in the summer. :lol:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Fantasy long weekend....involves Britney Spears.....a boat.....ah hell forget the boat... :shock:
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Myself, I would fly me and 10 others out to B.C. and start off the coast,then to the interior,then to Alberta(the Bow river) then Red River in Manitoba,then Sunset Country in Northern Ontario,northern Quebec,and finally do the Maritimes.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

k, oh fishing....ok, ok,
Um...So you said N. AMERICA...I think some have missed that part..
down off the coat of Florida into the Gulf of Mexico..for Sharks, Marlins and other Sea creatures...then maybe to some Texas lakes for those world Class Hawgs and Some Striped bass...
Catch red eye and some zz's and get over to Canada's west coast for some Salmon and Trout action and then maybe up northern Quebec for a load of Eye's.....Sleep on the plane baby.......oh and If I can bring 10 people...I'd bring 9 hawk talkers....and Britney Spears... :wink:
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

More like 9 hawk-talkers and Meg Ryan.
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

Canadian Bacon wrote:Fantasy long weekend....involves Britney Spears.....a boat.....ah hell forget the boat... :shock:
Would you need a special license for spear fishing!! :P :lol: :wink: :oops:
Life goes on
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Aw, come on!

Post by Cancatchbass »

Aw come on, Bacon- I meant the other Amazon!

The one in North America!

CCB- guilty as charged...
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Aw come on, Bacon- I meant the other Amazon!

The one in North America!
Oh CCB..I've been there it is awsome :? :wink:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Maybe they're not as alluring to you native Canadians, but I always wanted to check out some of those fly-in lakes up north for monster-big pike. Problem is, over the past several years, I've developed an intense fear of flying. I imagine with $100K at my disposal, I could afford some relaxation meds for the trip...some "happy pills", shall we say. Some of the 100K would go towards ensuring there would be some modern conveniences awaiting -- i.e. toilet paper, a dry place to sleep, steaks, red wine, assorted gourmet cheeses, and a handsome all-male waiting staff...well, I could go on. Now, who to take along? Definitely some fellow Hawk Talkers!**

FUNNY THREAD!

**Slushpuppy, Shane definitely wants you to come so he can play "throw rocks" with you! :wink: :lol:

W.

PS: a portion of the 100K would be spent ensuring Britney Spears would NOT be joining us. :lol: Only kidding, Bacon! :wink:
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

LOL...thanks Wolfe :wink:
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Just so happens wolfe that I hold some very special keys in my possession right now, you got money and I'm your pusher man. (whoa...kidding, don't want this post to ever really get out there)

The guy who chose the Sutton. Excellent choice.

Sleeping on the plane on route.

Day 1. The Skeena for Salmon
Day 2. Great Bear or Slave or Neultin for Lakers/Grayling
Day 3. God's River or Hawley/Sutton for Brookies
Day 4. Ungava for Char/Atlantics
Day 5. Kesagami for Pike
Day 6. El Salto for Largemouth
Day 7. Tamarindo/Golfito Costa Rica for Sailfish

It's totally do-able. :?: