Tubes

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Tubes

Post by Smitty »

Hi Guys

Just went out at lunch and picked up some tubes and the jig heads that go with them....I have never fished them before I know it is hard to believe...I have fished for well over 25 years and never tried them...I am going to White lake tonight to give them a try....I will post a report tomorrow.

Thanks to this board for giving me some other options in my fishing box.

I have looked at the article here on rigging them...any other tips - I have heard people putting alka seltzer in them...ever tried that?

thanks
Sam
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Sam you can use alka seltzer,also a product by berkley is out called fish bubbles.What it does is attractes the fish by sound and sight.The bubbles can represent a dying baitfish on bottom or a scurry of them eating debrie off the bottom.Bass pro's have done this for years.You can use the jig heads for loose cover but texas rig em in heavy cover or very rocky bottoms.Save you a few lost tubes and give you a broader area to fish em :D

Anymore questions Ill do my best to help :D

T.L F.F
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Smitty »

Thanks FF - just one other question - I slide the jig head into the tube...then do I just push the line tie out through the tube or is there a hole in them that the line tie goes through?
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Here's all the advice you need when tubing!

http://www.fish-hawk.net/tips/tubes/rigging-tube.htm

With tube jigs you slide it in the butt end and pop out the eye through the tube then tie the line to that. But I prefer other methods, such as stick a weight in the tube.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Sam

if you have a chance , go to Paddletales...get ED to show you how to rig a tube...it's easy and you don't have to cut the line to change tubes,iI've been using this method for three years now, after Ed showed me.....it's easy and fast...plus he has a great selection of tubes and wieghts...and he knows white lake and can tell you with what might work on the lake....you can't beat local tackle shops for advise and great service(613) 774-2277
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Smitty »

thanks guys and girls...I really don't have time tonight to go to Paddletales tonight - but I will drop by for sure...thanks again - look for my report tomorrow..