Hawk-Talk Get-Together Updated Info!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Thanks hoser...
See ya there
Hoser
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoser »

Hi all....it was great meeting some of the folks we have been chatting with on this forum.. sorry we left so quickly. cc has an ear and throat infection going on and she shouldn't have even gone today but lasted like a trooper as long as she could. That deep fried turkey smelled awesome...how was is?
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

good day

Post by jazman »

Well another fine day put on by some of FH's best. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in the day. The food was great, nice stuff Big-O.

I did not get my monster but muskiemagnet had a nice 38 hit a 10 inch jake. Fought real well and is a highlight for me this year....

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/showph ... hoto=30687

thanks again RJ and gang!
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Well that was what I would call a real nice time. As usual, there were a lot of people who put a lot of effort into making a special time for everyone. I for one, will be the only one at work on Monday morning who had deep fried turkey and fries and BBQ venison on a hill overlooking the O River. Awesome!
If anyone has some pictures they would like to share please post them on this thread.

But a big thanks for today goes to RJ and
Big-O and his wife Julia

Mr. and Mrs. Topwater. (apologies for mistaking Mrs Topwater as SlushPuppy :oops: )

Bassstalker for his bbq

WIG for some of the supplies

Cracker for the backup bbq if needed

Thanks everybody - it was appreciated by everyone.

:D

And as usual, it was a pleasure to meet new people and see old friends. Salmon and Jonathon - good to see ya.
Seaweed and Brian - glad you could make it. The kids were in awe of your boat - cool colour.

Here's some pics I managed to take...
Here's the river that greeted me and the four kids with me. We're just leaving the sheltered Madawaska and heading out into the super-choppy Ottawa. The river is a soaker on this kind of day.

Cman with Salmon and Jonathon all the way from Cambridge.

All of a sudden there was a whack of people took off fishing or took off home and I thought I had better grab a picture. How many people were there for the main eating?

Great day everyone - thanks.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Well Well Well....What a great day!

A huge thanks to Big-0, BTS and Topwater for workin' on the birds...WIG too...for slicin' them up...

Thanks to Bassstalker for bringin the bbq...

Though the bigger fish weren't really cooperative for everyone the fishing seemed to be adequate... :D

Gordo got out for his first fishing day in his new ride.....and was really concerned about me catching the first fish in his new boat...but it didn't happen!....good cuz I'd never hear the end of it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here she is a nice thick 30 inch pike...

A huge thanks to everyone who should up for the day...and for those who didn't....we hope to see you at the next one....

RJ
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

You know there were so many smilling faces...so many stories..so many laughs!!
I don't know where to begin and end with thank you's!! So, simply...For the organization..for the cooking...for delicious birds and deer....man it was great thanks for all that and more folks!! I see many more of these get togethers in the F-H.net future!!
I was thinking last night about how many people actually showed up with kids and dogs...had to be 60 plus (not including the wedding).
I don't mind telling you, MAN I am sore today. Sore back...triceps shoulders...stomach...that water can really beat ya down when it is rough!
We did manage a few fish maybe a total of 10 or so, so not a lost day on the water but I am sure on a less windy day production would have been higher.
It was fantastic meeting people I haven't met before and I certainly look forward to seeing you again and again. Of course they boys and girls I already knew..great seeing you again..as always!
I hope to see as many of you as possible at Quinte!!!!!
Thanks for the great time!!!!!!!!!!!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Missed this this moring and made a new thread :oops: ....here are a few pics

topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

First of all I would like to thank RJ for getting the ball rolling on this get together :wink: and thanks to everyone who helped to make it happen and to all who attended. My wife and I had a great time and so did topwater jr :) Glad too put faces to so many names 8) I tried to meet everyone, but to those I may have missed I'm sorry

heres some more pics
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

I really have to start reading from top to bottom :? Missed this one to like Big-O and started a new thread aswell :oops:

Gr8 time thx again to everyone!!!!!!!!!

T.L F.F
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

nice

Post by jazman »

SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D Jonathan and I made it back ok.. Took 10.5 hours..but then there was so much water to check out and fish on the way back. Jonathan managed to catch,bluegill,pumpkinseed, perch,largemouth,smallmouth,rockbass,rainbow trout and speckled trout on the way home. The breaks in the trip made it seem much shorter. Good to see every one and the turkey was great. It was a nice weekend for a road trip. Thanks to Cman for bringing us out on his boat since we left ours at home. And to Cracker and Grace for putting us up for a few nights . Over all great weekend.. mmmmm I wonder if I can wake up and go salmon fishing in the morning.. :)

Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

It seemed that everyone had a good time and the turkey looked awsome. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the BBQ because I had to make it back for a wake :( The "wife" and I had a rough day on the water, but managed a bunch of little smallies and a couple small wallies. We also managed to get completely soaked from head to toe on the way back from the bridge, those were some mean waves :twisted: