Warning....PETA !

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fish_head
Participant
Participant

Warning....PETA !

Post by fish_head »

Gang,

Anyone else see or experience this ?

I was out shore fishing alongside the Rideau up near the Bronson St. bridge and I was harrassed by "PETA" members. They started calling me barbaric and cruel and all the other things they could think of. I tried to just pack up and leave, but they just followed me. One of them grabbed my tackle box and threw my tackle all over the rocks and stuff there. Finally I'd had enough, I threatened to become aggressive (I sorta said I'd whoop some a-- if they didn't stop)and they left. Anyone else see this anywhere?
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Ummm I believe that's assault or destruction of private property if they actually touched your stuff...

You should call the police and make some sort of report!

That's terrible...let 'em try that with me....I wouldn't threaten.

Do that to my stuff, and I believe I'd let have a quick swim.
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

That's brutal. They need a life! Talk about a lack of things to do with your time that you must resort to bothering fishermen/women. That's aweful!

I haven't run into any problems like that but if I do i'll let you know. Manybe we should all go and gang up on them one night. Nothing quite like hooking into a running PETA person!!!
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

If you feel you are being threatened verbal or physically then just call the cops... that's exactly what i would do...

If they have taken from your or damaged any of your property then that is a criminal offence.

Best advice.. call the cops no one has to put up with that sort of behaviour.. BUT be careful not to respond as you'll be the one in trouble.

This reminds me of another thread i once read back in england on one of the carp fishing boards... Some lakes havea lot of problems with theives coming around at night stealing exspensive tackle... some went as far as carrying a knife or baseball bat... it's funny they steal your stuff and then you end up in more trouble for assaulting them... it's a funny old world !
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Hmmm i'd haveto ask how old they were ? i somewhat doubt it was peta but a bunch of people who just side with their ideas.

Do you have any descriptions so others fishing that area can be on the look out so they don't get into trouble?

Post by Guest »

If someone dumped my tackle box I would have to dump them on thier head. Man these people really have no lives and are going to get hurt if they mess with the wrong fisherman

Post by Guest »

A 7ft St. Croix up the ying-yang and a 12" bulldawg off the pumpkin would shut them up for sure. Touch my tackle and the next thing you'd see would be the ceiling of the Ottawa General.

Funny thing is, they probably all headed to Big Daddy's Crab Shack for happy hour after that. :)

"Everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people" -- Pursuit of Happiness.

HW
fish_head
Participant
Participant

Post by fish_head »

Funny thing is, I called the cops last night to see what I could do about it. Because I threatened them, they said that if I pressed charges, they'd just press charges on me for uttering threats and that it go nowhere.

Yeah, they were 3. One of them had a PETA T-shirt on. I figured since the fiancee and I were together, that getting violent wasn't a good idea. The three guys looked like sqeegie kids really, luckily, nothing was lost or damaged....I do however plan on heading back there tonight. If anyone wants to join, I'll be the guy in the gry and black t-shirt with the look of blood in his eyes :twisted: .
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

WOW, Fish-Head, that's a bad experience.

Everyone is entitled to their own individual beliefs, but when that line is crossed with harassment and destruction of property, that's pushing things too far.

They took a nice outing for you and turned it into a crappy experience. :?

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

If anyone touched Bowzog's rod, I'd tackle them :twisted:

Seriously, carry your cell phone at all times and use it when people like that show up and do what they did. I think they'd split even if you pretended you were talking to the police on the phone.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

Maybe it would be good to notify the local newspapers..

But then again, that would be giving more publicity to PETA.
scttsmpsn
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by scttsmpsn »

I think if someone did that to my equiptment they'd be going in after it..

Cheers,

Scott
fish_head
Participant
Participant

Post by fish_head »

I actually considered calling the newspaper. I thought that any kind of bad publicity would look good on the PETA, but, I work in advertising....I know that any publicity is good publicity.
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

wHAT A BUNCH OF DOE ,DOUGH, HEADS. Hmm peta, pita makes good sandwiches :P :lol:

poo holes like them are not worth the trouble of getting heavily involved in the legal system. :oops:

They are probably as mentioned just pipsqueaks who have nothing better to do. But I would certainly stand my ground. However, it was smart of you to avoid a confrontation given the presence of a "lady" with you. You never know if they are armed and on something.

I would report the incedent only to have the police aware of some "goings on" there. They will look out for troublemakers harassing people.
Life goes on
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Smitty »

I had several PETA guys and girls harass me and a buddy when we where fishing near Guelph...there was 4 guys and 2 girls - my buddy had a fish on when they came over and started calling us a few names - one guy actually tried to cut my buddies line with a pair of scissors...he sucessfully kept the line away from him and landed the small fish - as I stood there blocking them he threw the fish back....then they started kicking our tackle boxes over...well that was enough - even though there was 6 of them - my friend and I are about 230 each so we thought it was a fair fight...since the 4 guys together might weigh 250....well two went for a swim the other two went running....I told them since you like the fish so much - why don't you join them...and we would not let them come to shore for a few minutes until the apologized for ruining our day of fishing.

When they finally got on shore they ran to meet up with there buddies which where waiting down the river bank....of course they threatened to call the cops - we told them go right ahead...and of course they never did...that was the last time I say a PETA person...too bad - they swim so well....

Sam