White Lake Tubes

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

White Lake Tubes

Post by Smitty »

Well I went out lastnight for some bass fishing on White Lake - and I gave the tubes a try....we pulled up to our first spot...first cast - I caught a 2 pound largemouth...I thought this is going to be great...I did not catch another fish for about an hour...I caught a couple of small pike which put up a really good fight...I switched tube colours and that really seem to make a difference...I had been using a light green tube...and switched to a dark blue...it was amazing the difference - the fish seemed to turn on...I caught 6 more largemouth - all about 1 to 2 pound ranage....tubes are really great...thanks guys and girls for the new fishing tool.

Sam
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Just don't forget to fish the other baits.. it's easy to get carried away and fish the same lure all the time... Don't forget the spinner baits, worms, jigs when required.

Tubes are a great bait just remember to fish them slow... i've caught quite a few fish on stationary baits just twitching or dragging them slowly on the bottom.

What colours have you tried so far ?
pikeie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeie »

i find the best colour is smoke.
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

I've had success with a cute pink one, with lovely little sparklies.....

Waitaminute, did I just say that out loud? :lol:
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

AAAhhhhhh, the blue tube. SWEET! Did you use a weight inside? I love the swirling action that a weight causes as it plumets to the botton going around.....and around.....and around......and around.

Drives them crazy I tell ya!
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Smitty »

Hi guys

I have only used 2 colors so far...a light green color with flecks of silver and of course the blue...it was almost black...I bought some tube jig heads...I can't believe how slow they sink - does the salt on the worms make them float? Maybe I should get more weight on them?

thanks guys
Sam
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

Cracker wrote:I've had success with a cute pink one, with lovely little sparklies.....

Waitaminute, did I just say that out loud? :lol:
There is an unwritten rule about that color. Just remember, it's bubblegum --- NOT PINK--- :D :D :D
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bobfly »

Excuse my ignorance but what is a "tube"?
bobfly :shock:
DUBIE
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DUBIE »